Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update on Ten Books in Ten Days

Another book down, but I am behind. As of right now I have read:

Hex Hall
Thirteen ReasonsWhy
Supernaturally
Wintergirls

I am currently reading, Imaginary Girls. I should have finished it by now and I should be close to finishing another book, but I'm not. Would it be cheating if I changed the books on my list? Beautiful Chaos is 516 pages! That's a whole lot of pages.

Also I didn't take into consideration when choosing this group of books their content. After Thirteen Reasons Why and Wintergirls my mind is so heavy. The emotional journey I went on in those books usually requires a day or two of recuperating before being able to even pick up another book.So I haven't given up on my ten books in ten days, but I may swap books.

Have you read anything good lately? And I'm curious, after reading a book that is dark and emotional do you need time before moving on to the next?

11 comments:

  1. I don't read as fast as you do so I've never thought about needing time after 'heavy books'. I can totally see why you would need that though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree since you always read and critique my WIP's in record time :)

      I never thought about needing the time until I realized that I really did need the time. I read so many I guess you can say depressing books in a row that I actually had trouble sleeping. I couldn't turn my mind off of them. I need a happy, predictable sunshine spewing from the pages type of book now.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree how emotional books can drain you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. I never really noticed it until now.

      Delete
  3. I can see how you would want to pair a less emotionally charged book with a lighter read. I like to process books for a day or two before diving into another. I say, switch 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I did switch it up and I'm so happy I did.

      Delete
  4. Such a very awesome goal! I think I may have to try that someday.

    Right now, I'm reading ALLOY OF LAW and loving it! And I totally need down time after an emotional book. There's also a lot of books that I can't read at certain times of the year, just because my brain isn't in a place to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little ambitious. I'm not going to make it to ten but it definitely got me in the writing mind set.

      I've never heard of Alloy of Love. I love discovering new books. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
    2. I have no idea why I wrote Love. Ha! Alloy of Law I haven't heard of that either lol.

      Delete
  5. If I read a book that is too emotional (particularly depressing) I need a break and an uplift before moving on! It drains me, so I can't blame you one bit. And I think you can change whatever you want! It's your list! :) You're still doing amazing. I just finished CROSSED, by Ally Condie and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MATCHED by Ally Condie has been on my TBR list forever. I'm so behind. lol.

      Delete