Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten Books in Ten Days-Failed


For those of you that haven't read previous posts- I set out to read ten books in ten days. It seems a little ambitious and this time for me it was. What I learned during my challenge of ten books in ten days:

1) Don't set a goal to read a book a day when everyone of those days you will have a house guest. Especially a house guest you haven't seen in three years and loves to talk.

2) Don't choose ten books that contain emotional content that will leave you drained. I wrote about this on my last post. It was almost impossible to go from one book to the next when the book I just finished was weighing heavy on my mind.

3) When the end nears don't give up- I kind of did.

In the end I read 6 1/2 books.

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
1/2 of Radiance by Alyson Noel

I reviewed Thirteen Reasons why here. The rest of the reviews will come, but I wanted to do a quick overview.

Favorite book read:
Fixing Delilah (I have found a new writer to stalk. When I find a book I love I have to read every book that writer has out. This book is exactly what I love to read and write.)

The book that had me up all night:
Thirteen Reasons Why (I explain it all in my review)

Just not for me:
Imaginary Girls (It is beautifully written and I would highly recommend it, but it's just not my type of book. I'll go into detail in a future post.)

Favorite Cover:
Imaginary Girls (The cover is gorgeous)

Favorite Main Character:
Evie from Supernaturally

I will say that I did this challenge to get out of my writing and reading funk and in that sense it was a success. I look forward to finishing Radiance and moving on to the next book, but most of all I can't wait to dive into my WIP.

Have you read anything good lately? Have you read any from my list?

4 comments:

  1. Right now i'm reading Shatter Me. Wow. Such a great book. Makes working out go by REALLY fast.

    Yay for internet in the lobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Shatter Me has an amazing cover! Love it. It's on my TBR list. And anything that makes working out go by really fast is my type of book!

      And YAY for internet in the lobby!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm reading Graceling right now so far it is very good. Great job, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Graceling but I just Googled it and it sounds awesome!

      Delete