Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blogger Award!

I want to Thank Kelley for passing along two Blog Awards to me! My very first Blog Award! My very first two Blog Awards! YAY! Both awards are similar so I chose one to pass along. The Kreativ award I have to share ten things about myself and pass it on to six bloggers. So here goes.

1) In middle school I was on the soccer, volleyball, basketball, and softball teams.

2) I hated reading with a passion all through middle school and high school. I'm making up for it now.

3) I read all four Twilight books in 5 days and believe it or not that was the reason I started writing again. Don't judge me. Please.

4) I wrote and illustrated my first picture book at six. My first attempt at a novel was in the sixth grade. It ended at 17 pages and it was about the Battle of Salamis in Ancient Greece. (I love history especially Ancient) I really wish I knew what happened to that. I would love to read it and cringe now.

5) I am not married but I have been with my boyfriend for ten years. I can't stand when people ask when we are getting married. Except if you are Aladdin and Princess Jasmine then it's funny! Their faces are classic.

6) I am the biggest klutz you will ever meet. I constantly bump/trip over things. My ring, a dolphin my dad gave me when I was sixteen and have never taken off,  gets stuck to EVERYTHING-socks, pants, shirts, other people, blankets, everything.

7) I'm a terrible dancer and even worse singer. In fourth grade I was kicked out of chorus for my terribleness. It was voluntary and before school and to make matters worse it was like a hangout for my friends and I suddenly wasn't allowed to be a part of it anymore. Luckily in fifth grade the music teacher left on maternity leave and I rejoined and learned not to sing out loud so the new teacher wouldn't single me out.

8) I met my best friend in first grade when she came in crying and our first grade teacher, Mrs. Vanlindt,  sat her next to me and told me she missed her mommy and asked if I could be her best friend. The rest is history. She no longer cries when separated from her mom. (Look at that coat!)

9) I have my Bachelors Degree in Marketing.

10) I have recently become obsessed with The Big Bang Theory. I love Sheldon!

So the Bloggers I pass this on to are:

Ladonna Watkins 
Colin Smith 
Cristina Dos Santos
Jamie Morrow
Trisha Leaver
Emily R King

You know what. And every other person who follows my blog and leaves me lovely comments. You are all great! Take this award and pass it along. I love discovering new blogs so in the comments leave a link to one or several of the blogs that you frequent.


Ten Books In Ten Days Update: As of 1/17 9:30PM

3.3 books read (I'm falling behind a little but I plan to catch up tonight)

Books read:
Thirteen Reasons Why
Hex Hall
Supernaturally

Currently Reading:
Wintergirls

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award!

    As for #3 "I read all four Twilight books in 5 days and believe it or not that was the reason I started writing again. Don't judge me. Please." << ME TOO! Exactly that! I read them all in 5 days and started writing again because of them! I wanted to be able to provide the same feeling I felt when reading those books to others, when they read my books lol.
    I confess now I'm a little sick of Twilight, but if I hadn't read them, I wouldn't be writing again ;)
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The story pulled me in and had me dying to know what happened next. I had never really read a book that pulled me in like that. And like you I wanted to create that same feeling through my own writing.

      I'm a little Twilighted out too :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you were a busy girl in Middle School!

    And that's SO SAD about choir! :( I can't believe she actually kicked you out!

    That pic with Aladdin and Jasmine. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was. I was even in clubs but then in High school I was like I'm done. lol.

      And isn't it sad! She was so mean! I was destroyed. She could have just told me to lip sync. She actually told me I could still be a part of it I just couldn't come to rehearsal, but before concerts I could come and set up the chairs. HA! I obviously told her no.

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks for thinking of me! I started writing again because I read the Twilight books in one weekend. Haven't read them since, but they kick started me right back to my notepad. I haven't looked back since. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I am embarrassed to admit it and I'm not alone. At all! I love it. And in one weekend! That is insane!

      Delete
  4. Hey Theresa!
    Congrats on the award, and YES to #2! That was me as well, still playing the catch up game b/c there are so many great books out there. Twilight also inspired me to write so no shame in that (okay, maybe a little, but we're in the same boat lol). Hope you're doing well!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      I think I'll always be playing the catch up game. Just when I think I've read all the great books I'm introduced to a hundred more. I'm okay with that though. And YES! Another person inspired by Twilight. That makes my day :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the award! Love your fun fact, and the pic with Jasmine and Aladdin is great! 10 years is an awesome accomplishment! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't! I mean if we were in Hollywood that would be considered a lifetime. lol.

      Delete