Tuesday, February 7, 2012

When do you write?

Ideas come to me at random times throughout the day and I've learned to write them down. I can't even begin to recall how many times I thought, no need to write it down. I'll remember. Yeah sure. Now I write everything down. However when I want to actually sit down and add words to my WIP it tends to be at night.

I've tried to write in the morning, but it never works out well. I get distracted by Twitter, Blogger, Facebook, Radaronline, and any other website that can waste time. Sometimes in the afternoon I can get a few hundred words down, but my writing spurts always tend to hit when night falls.

I have tried disconnecting myself from the internet, forcing myself to sit in front of my laptop and write. It doesn't work. I can spend an entire day trying to get myself to write and not get a single word down. As soon as the sunsets, my mind starts going and my fingers start itching. I need to write. Then instead of being in bed at a reasonable time I'm up till the wee hours typing away.

Not to say that I can never write in the morning or afternoon. It happens from time to time. (Last week it happened a lot actually. Of course after I wrote this post) It just seems that night is when I get into the zone.

Are you a night writer? A morning writer? A midday writer? Or do you just write whenever you can?

6 comments:

  1. I can pretty much write whenever. However...those times that I'm SUPER in the zone tend to be at night just before I want to go to bed. Then I end up paying for it the next day.

    But it's so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! It's always worth it, even if you are drooling on your desk the next morning lol.

      Delete
  2. Write whenever I can. Work can tire me out so it's whenever I feel like I've got all the chores done and have some spare time to write before having an early night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those dreaded chores! I dream of a day when I don't have to do them :)

      Delete
  3. I am currently a big time night writer. It's really the only time I have to do it. Though, I used to write a lot over my lunch hour, but barely got anything done with all the distractions. I agree, night time is the best time. Although, I'm always a zombie the entire next day. But, as soon as the sunsets, my eyes perk open and I'm awake again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was only a way to write at night and still be able to fully function the next day...

      Delete