Friday, February 10, 2012

Second Annual That's YAmore Blogfest

Second Annual That's YAmore Blogfest. (There's still time to sign up. Go, go, go!)


Starting the Saturday before Valentine's Day (that's February 11th), we invite you to post 250 romantic, swoon-worthy words from your YA WIP.  Then check out the entries from some of the other participants.  (Just be sure you have a fan and/or a cold glass of water on hand.)  We know your Valentine will appreciate you getting yourself in a romantic state of mind...

I love this!!! I was so excited when I found this blogfest since all my WIP's are heavy on the romance. My only problem, picking 250 words. I have 5, yes 5, WIP's that are all heavy on the romance. How do I choose? So hard.

I decided to go with Displaced Hearts. What makes this WIP more swoon worthy than the other four is that the two main characters have history. The story is about Liz (Lizzie) and Zach. To give some background my one line pitch that I now love thanks to Kelley (My CP for those of you that don't know and if you don't, go check out her blog now! :)


Liz Wagner's sure the world is ending when her ex, Zach, moves back to town, but when a shooting sends Liz's brother to the hospital and emotional turmoil renders Liz useless, Zach is the only thing that keeps her world from falling apart.


250 (Okay maybe a little more than 250) romantic, swoon-worthy words from my YA WIP:
 
Streams of tears rushed down my cheeks. I thought I pulled myself together. I thought I was okay, but in the back of my mind the fear of losing him was still there. I didn’t know the extent of his injuries. For all I knew he might not be alive by the time I got to the hospital.
Suddenly, the Jeep swerved. Up until that point I was unaware of the passing cars. Completely oblivious to the fact that we were even in a vehicle. The sound of horns sent my attention to Zach.
What the hell was he doing?
The left lane became further away as Zach maneuvered the car three lanes over until he threw the Jeep in park along the shoulder of the road.
I couldn’t form words. All I could do was stare as if he completely lost his mind.
“Come here,” he said but I continued to stare. Tears spilled from my cheeks onto my jeans. His arm reached out to me and that was all the invitation I needed. I fell against him needing to be comforted in a way that only he could manage.
“He’s okay. Everything is going to be okay. You didn’t lose him. Look at me.” He rested his hand under my chin, guiding me until my eyes were focused on his. “And you are not going to. Okay?” There was something deep within his eyes, deeper than the dark specks that made me believe him.
“Okay,” I whispered, too exhausted from tears to speak louder.
“You good?” He raised his eyes to me as he bent his head. And when he smiled my answer came quickly.
“I’m good.”
“Good, because the one thing I hate most in this world is seeing you cry,” he said as he wiped a stray tear away from my cheek.  

I love that last line and it's so Zach, sweet, caring and I just love him. They had other swoon worthy moments through out (one includes an Easy Bake Oven), but what I love about this particular excerpt is how even in a horrible situation the love that Zach has for her shines through.

I can't wait to hop around and read all the swoon worthy excerpts :)

25 comments:

  1. Gosh I love this story! I could read it over and over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww sweet! :D

    By the way: an easy bake oven swoon-worthy moment? Sounds intriguing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      The Easy Bake Oven is one of my favorite moments, but it was much longer than 250 words so I couldn't share it this time around.

      Delete
  3. Really sweet excerpt! I love that they're ex-es and still he cares so much for her. Just makes my heart melt.
    (New follower waving back to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, I just love it! I love caring guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so lovin' Zach! Swooning here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think he is then again I'm a little biased :)

      Delete
  8. Yes, I love a guy who is so empathic that he hates seeing a lady cry. BTW, I love your site design! The contrast of the background print and the photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was one of those backgrounds that made me smile and I had to have it :)

      Delete
  9. Awww...Zach. I love the last line too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last line was wonderful. I love Zach too! Sweet, caring YA boys are my weakness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Total softie when it comes to them :)

      Delete
  11. Aww, Zach definitely is definitely swoon worthy! :D

    (Hi Theresa, thank you for stopping by my blog! It's lovely to meet you :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's lovely to meet you too :) thanks for hopping over.

      Delete
  12. So sweet! And an easy bake oven? That has me so curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to tell you but it'd be hard to do in a comment. lol. Maybe, hopefully, one day you'll be able to read it :)

      Delete