Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Is It Getting Hot In Here? Bloghop


 
Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!! Nothing says Valentines Day more than a bloghop dedicated to kissing scenes. Thanks to Cassie Mae at Reading, Writing and Lovin' It and Hope at My Protector: The Calling for hosting this hop. I can't wait to hop around and read all the hot scenes.

I chose to use an excerpt from my MS Uncharted Territory. It is told in alternating POV's between Anna and Dean. I'm going to post both reactions to the kiss. First Anna:


          A gentle touch on my shoulder causes the tears to fall down my cheeks. By the gentleness I can tell its Dean. His hand cups my shoulder and slowly he turns me around. Still too upset I keep my eyes down unwilling to look at him. Chills shoot up my neck as he glides his hand across my shoulder to just beneath my chin.
            My chin reacts to his touch following his hand until I am looking into his eyes. I’m surprised to find sincerity and concern in his gaze.
            “I’m sorry.” His thumb moves across my face wiping away a few stray tears. “I forgot what it’s like to have someone who cares about me for me and not my situation.”
            “I just didn’t want you to be cold,” the words come out in a whisper but when his lips turn upward into the smile I have grown to love, I know he heard me.
            “I know.” Tenderly his hand moves up to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. With my hair out of my eyes I can see Dean completely. The way his copper eyes have the slightest specks of gold, and how the contour of his face comes to a perfect rounded point at his chin.
            Heat radiates from his hand as he presses it against my cheek and guides me closer to him. Closer. Closer. Until our lips come together. His lips are the complete opposite of his hard exterior. They are soft and welcoming and for the first time since I met Dean the wall he has spent years hiding behind has finally come down.  

And now Dean:

          “I know,” it took me a minute to figure it out. To Anna I wasn’t a charity case. Looking into her eyes now I know it never even crossed her mind.
            A longing desire to feel her skin against mine causes me to gently press my hand to her cheek.  Her skin is cold, but I can still feel its softness. Every fantasy of how her lips would feel against mine flood any and all rational thoughts. 
             Slowly I guide her face closer to me, wanting to see if this girl will live up to my fantasy. As her lips press against mine a chill runs up my spine and it has nothing to do with the unseasonably cool air.
            I start out slow giving us time to discover one another’s style. When it comes to almost everything, Anna is a take charge kind of girl, but right now she is mimicking my every move. I let my hand leave her face and lose itself in her hair. As each soft strand glides through my fingers it exceeds my every expectation. It’s softer than I imagined.
            While she was hesitant at first she finally moves into me. Her hand runs across the band of my jeans until it is resting on the small of my back. I should stop this. I should pull away from her, but I can’t.
            We may be part of two very different worlds, but right now we are in our own together. No one else exists. It is only us. 

55 comments:

  1. Love this story, always have. I like how you included both POV. And you nail both a girls and a boys. So wonderful.

    Now back to finishing up your current MS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelley :)

      And YAY! I'm scared and excited all at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Oooo, dual POV! Nice touch! And great, great scene ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dualing POV. That's how true romance is written. Most romance publishers won't even look at a book if it doesn't include both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using both POV's I think it makes it more interesting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your writing with us :) I love love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was gorgeous! I loved seeing it from both perspectives - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this was AMAZING. I LOVE that it's from both POV. Now I want to go back and write each of my kissing scenes from the other characters POV. My book alternates as well.

    New Follower! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww *blushing* thanks! It's fun writing both POV's even if it does overlap I like to see both sides. Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  7. I love it when my husband touches my face when we kiss. I think all women love that. It makes it so personal. I loved you scenes. Very poignant and tender. I'm a new follower via the bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best!! Thanks for the kind words and the follow :)

      Delete
  8. So sweet! I loved the two different POVs, nicely done! Happy Valentine's day Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day to you too :)

      Delete
  9. The photo really compliments the picture well. Thanks for sharing more of your writing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read :)

      Delete
  10. I love the way they are both so different with such different reactions to the kiss. So much emotion in those words and feelings. Ending with a hand on your back- awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun writing both parts and imagining how each would view it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Very tender... Some lovely moments in there... So glad to be connected! New follower here... Thanks for your comment & follow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading both POV! Reading how each character sees the situation adds so much more to the story. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and thanks for stopping by, just hopped over to your blog!

      Delete
  13. sweetness! love them both!
    young love =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is awesome. I especially love his point of view. "Anna is a take charge kind of girl, but right now she is mimicking my every move." Loved that part!

    Really sweet and hot at the end. That image is really cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that part too. Anna is anal retentive with everything and I loved writing her outside of her comfort zone. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  15. This is wonderful. So sweet! So loving. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I loved hearing both points of view! Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how it's even more tender from the guys point of view. I also wonder why others think that way about him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to give a little back story. He's homeless and doesn't let anyone in. So this was a BIG thing for him. Thanks for stopping by and the follow :)

      Delete
  18. That is so sweet! I love getting to know what they both are thinking and feeling. The being together being the most important is such a tender feeling. Your excerpt totally caught that for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an awesome feeling and I love writing about it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  19. Love your excerpts here - they remind me of my romance novels involving a rock star and an 'ordinary' girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and Ooo romance novel with a rock star and 'ordinary' girl sign me up!

      Delete
  20. Very cool to see it from both points of view. I liked his especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always a sucker for the guy :) Thanks for stopping by and the follow!

      Delete
  21. Theresa, your writing is so beautiful. I got the tingles and felt like I was reading an actual book:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a great thing to hear. Thank you! And thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  22. I really like the way you told us the same scene from two very different characters pov's That was really cool. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute picture!! And Wonderful scene. Loved the two pov!! I always love reading both sides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I saw the picture and was like that's Anna and Dean! His hair just needs to be a little curlier.

      Delete
  24. I love both sides of this. Super cute and that picture just topped it. I like the 'style' line, lol. I never had to worry about that since my first kiss was with my hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) That is so sweet that your first kiss was with you hubby. I love that. True love :)

      Delete
  25. Awesome! I like male perspective more for some reason. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And I also like the male perspective more when I read alternating points of view. In Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles I was in love with Alex. I liked Brittney, but I loved reading Alex's part so much more.

      Delete
  26. These are great, hearing both POVs. The last paragraph in Dean's POV is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete