Tuesday, June 21, 2011

RIP Ryan Dunn

Not many people like the Jackass movies they find them disgusting and think they glorify stupidity. For me I have always thought the Jackass crew were geniuses to make a franchise out of never growing up. I have seen all the Jackass movies and what many people don't know is they started out making films under the name CKY and that was my first experience with this group of characters.

From the very first CKY movie, 13 years ago, I had two favorites Ryan Dunn and Bam Margera. In the more current movies Ryan Dunn advanced to be my favorite. So I was devastated to hear the news that he passed away. I always thought how with all of the stupid activities that this crew took part in it was inevitable for one of them not to make it out alive. Though, they defied the odds every time. Even Steve-O who I thought would be found dead in a hotel room from a drug overdose, sobered up, came out with a book and proved me wrong.

Out of all of them Ryan Dunn was the last one I expected to come to an untimely death. I guess it just goes to show that no matter how invincible you think you may be you're not. However, you can't argue that he didn't live life to the fullest because that is what he did.

I just want to say Thank You Ryan Dunn for making me laugh for the past 13 years and may you rest in peace.

Side note: There is speculation that he was drinking before taking to the wheel and while I don't condone that type of behavior it still doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. And if this is the case I hope the rest of the Jackass clan as well as the millions of fans learn that you should always have a designated driver.

3 comments: