Tuesday, June 14, 2011

~Bridesmaids~


BridesmaidsLast week I went to see Bridesmaids with a group of girlfriends. I'll admit when I had first seen a preview for the movie I immediatley voiced my opinion on how I would never see it because it looked like a rip off of The Hangover. Boy am I glad I changed my mind. First off Bridesmaids was in my opinion better than The Hangover and secondly during a time when I didn't think I'd laugh again I almost peed my pants. Once the movie was over my cheeks hurt so bad from the never ending laughter. 

Gilmore Girls: The Complete Series CollectionI don't want to talk about anything in particular because I don't want to ruin it for those who have yet to see it, but I will say that Melissa McCarthy or Sookie St James from Gilmore Girls as I and I'm sure most people know her (and if you don't go out an d buy every season on DVD NOW!), stole every single scene she was in. I've always looked at her as this adorable woman that I just wanted to hug, but in this movie she is rough and tough and even though she was a tad bit scary I still wanted to hug her. I expect to see much more of her in the future. 

Also Kristin Wigg to be quite honest, never heard of her and now I want to see everything that she has ever been in. If it wasn't Melissa McCarthy cracking me up it was Kristin Wigg. Her character made me laugh, snort and more times than I'd like to admit cry. The raw emotion the Kristin Wigg brought to the character is what made this movie better than The Hangover. You genuinely feel bad for her and more times than not I could relate to her. This movie was not just about the laughs it had a storyline that really tugged at the heartstrings and had you rooting for Kristin Wigg's character. I'm usually against sequels, but with this group of actresses I think if done right a sequel to Bridesmaids would be just as amazing.

Now if you think this is a chick flick guess again. As the credits began to roll a guy sitting in front of me stood up grabbed his side and said "My ribs hurt so freakin bad from laughing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment