Monday, June 27, 2011

THE LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa and Laura Roecker

The Liar SocietyThe Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker is about a girl, Kate, whose best friend, Grace, died under what Kate believed to be mysterious circumstances. Now a year later Kate is receiving emails from Grace confirming what she thought all along, it was more than an accident. With the help of her neighbor, Seth and the so called bad boy, Liam she sets out to discover the truth. What she doesn't expect to find is a long history of deceit, manipulation and people who will do anything to keep some secrets hidden.

I really enjoyed this book simply because it was fun. I'm the person who while in the middle of reading will stop and flip to the back of the book just to see what is going to happen. It never kills the book or the story for me as most people think it's just something I've always done. However, I decided not to do that while I read The Liar Society. After all it is a mystery and what is a mystery without, well, the mystery. I'm happy I read it like a normal person. I was able to form my own ideas and theories and eagerly wait to see if they were right.

I liked Kate. She was so determined in her quest to prove her best friend’s death was more than an accident and it was a character trait I could admire. She wasn't a scared feeble girl in anyway. I think we need more female characters like Kate in YA. I also really enjoyed the group of supporting characters. What I liked most about them was that I formed opinions on their character early on in the book, but even if I really liked them I was still debating if they were innocent or not.

If you haven't read this book yet I would definitely recommend it.

Currently Reading:
Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (It's about time. I know.)

2 comments: