Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting For Forever

Waiting for ForeverI watched a movie over the weekend called Waiting For Forever with Rachel Bilson and Tom Sturridge. I had remembered seeing previews for it and had an interest in seeing it then totally forgot about it. So when I was at the Redbox (for the first time) with a friend on Saturday I immediately put my vote in for it. Before watching it I looked it up on Blockbuster where it had a rating of one and a half stars. I of course didn't tell my friend about the rating just read what it was about and popped it into my DVD player.

I don't know if it was the poor rating that sent me into it with little to no expectations or if it was actually a good movie, but I really liked it. I laughed, I cried and I was genuinely interested in the characters and what would happen next.

Quick overview:
Will (Tom Sturridge), a street performer, has been in love with Emma (Bilson) since his parent's tragic death when they were children. She moves on with her life becoming an actress and having no idea that he has been following her around from state to state the entire time. When her father becomes ill she returns home where Will after years of staying in the background finally emerges and talks to her. Emma's past comes into play sweeping Will up into its complications. 

I love Rachel Bilson from the OC days and was happy to see her in something else. Tom Sturridge I knew only as Rob Pattinson's best friend, but after watching this movie I realize he is much more than that. I'm sure this is not the last we will be seeing of him.

I fell in love with Will and throughout the whole movie I just wanted to reach out and give him a hug. At times I couldn't tell if there was something mentally wrong with him or if he just never grow up after his parents passed away. It kept me guessing through the whole movie. The ending was great. It wasn't what I had originally predicted which I was happy about. I liked the actual ending much better than what I had thought was going to happen.

If you have not seen this movie I say give it a chance. You may just be pleasantly surprised like I was.

2 comments: