Monday, July 18, 2011

NIGHT STAR by Alyson Noel

Night Star (Immortals)Over the weekend I finished reading Night Star by Alyson Noel the fifth book in the Immortal series. I bought the book what seems like forever ago, but didn't have the desire to read it. Finally with the sixth and final book of the series on my bookshelf I decided it was time to finish a series I have been reading for two years. A quick recap of Night Star from Alyson Noel's website: 

Best friends make the worst enemies—they know all your secrets, your weaknesses, and just how to hurt you most...
After fighting for centuries to be together, Ever and Damen's future hinges on one final showdown that will leave readers gasping for breath. Don't miss this explosive new installment of the number one bestselling series that's enchanted millions across the world!

What I really loved about this book is that I never forgot I was reading a young adult book. There are so many times when I am reading a YA book, most of the time something in the paranormal category, that the characters lose what it is that makes them a teenager and they just become another character that could be seventeen or forty. I never thought Ever to be anything other than a teenager. She fought with her aunt/legal guardian, had to deal with the hierarchy of high school and all its drama along with the backstabbing of a supposed best friend and deciding if the boy she loved was the boy she was meant to be with. All of which were the making of a good story.

Haven, Ever's friend, who has been around from the very beginning of the series turns against Ever in NIGHT STAR and while she is as evil as they come I was still hoping that by some miracle Ever would be able to help her. To save her from what she had become and in doing so they could become friends again. That's what I like so much about Alyson Noel and the characters she creates, she makes them so real that you feel as if you know them and while you continue to read their story you secretly are rooting for them.

I do have to admit, however, that the love triangle between Ever, Damen and Jude is losing its luster for me. It is obvious from the very beginning that Ever and Damen are meant to be together so why prolong this triangle? I’m just hoping in the sixth book Jude will find a happy ending because like I said it is obvious Ever isn’t the girl for him.

If you have read the Immortal series from the beginning you can’t miss NIGHT STAR, but you don’t need me to tell you. However, if you have never read any of the other books don’t read this one. There is so much that you need to know before you can even attempt reading this book. Every book adds more to the puzzle and hopefully the sixth book will bring it all together and we can finally get all the answers we’ve been waiting for.

Currently Reading:
Everlasting (Immortals)

No comments:

Post a Comment