Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reading Funk

I have no desire to read. Can you believe it? I sure as heck can't. I went from reading 2-3 books a week to not reading a single book since November. I blame it on NaNo. I got so consumed in my new WIP that I didn't have time for anything else. But since NaNo is over, revisions are done and I'm letting my WIP sit until I pick it up again, I should be reading. There's just one problem. I don't want to. I feel like I need a really good book to pull me in and get me back on track. Any suggestions?

I have a bookshelf FULL of books I have yet to read. I'll list ten of the hundreds I have. If there is a must read in there PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

1) Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
2) Skipping Christmas by John Grisham
3) Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
4) Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
5) Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
6) Girl Parts by John Cusick
7) Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
8) Fixing Delilah Sarah Ockler
9) Delrium Lauren Oliver
10) Across the Universe Beth Revis

Have you ever got in a reading funk?

3 comments:

  1. NaNo put me in one, too. I pull out of it by bringing out an old favorite or a new one everyone is talking about. I just read Into the Parallel by Robin Brande and it was fantastic! Though sometimes it takes a gold, old fashioned guilty pleasure (wiping off Sidney Sheldon's Rage of Angels). Good luck and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read a book since the first week in November, until Sunday. I started and finished Loving Emily which I won in a blog contest. It was okay...good male POV.

    I bought another book while I was shopping for others at B&N (that always happens). But I have the writing bug now, not the reading bug. Only problem is...I'd have to start another WIP to do the writing thing and I have two that are essentially query ready.

    Perhaps I should get on the query wagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiela: I like the idea of going to an oldie I love. Hmm... I just Googled Parallel, sounds really good. I have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks.

    Kelley: I'm in the same boat as you. I want to write not read. I thought about starting a new WIP, but my problem is, I have a few ideas and I don't know what one I want to work on. I should probably focus on Christmas shopping and wrapping. Then after the holidays decide.

    ReplyDelete