Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Another year has come and gone. I'm past my mid twenties and am in my late twenties. Twenty seven to be exact. Excuse me while I go hide and scream. I don't feel twenty seven. I still feel like I'm eighteen to be honest. Most of my friends have careers, are married with kids and me, well, I'm the eternal teenager and the older I get, the more I realize it's something I don't want to change. I like feeling young and still thinking I have an eternity in front of me. Is there really a better way of thinking? For me it's the only way.

This hasn't exactly been the best year for me. I lost a dear friend, my job, my boyfriend lost a finger tip, but still I'm here to remember the memories, talk of the experiences and that makes it a little better. I've feared twenty seven for the last few months and now I can't help but think that twenty seven just might be my year.

6 comments: