Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Favs of 2011: TV Shows

Christmas is 11 days away! Not to panic anyone. I think I'm panicking enough for all of us. Anyway with Christmas talk comes talk of the new year. Around this time you always begin to reflect on the past year. I decided to do a few posts on my favorites of 2011. I'm going to list between 5-10 of my favorites.

Today's subject: TV Shows. When it comes to new TV shows, 2011 and got it right.

1) Once Upon A Time. I am in love. The last episode had me on the edge of my seat and then in tears. If you have yet to jump on the bandwagon, don't wait a minute more. All of your favorite fairytales from when you were younger are brought into a new and interesting light. I love to see how each story is woven together and can't wait for more.

2) Hart of Dixie. I wanted to like this show because I adore Rachel Bilson. Huge OC fan. I was a little skeptical at first, but now I can't miss an episode. It is so good. The cast is amazing and I can't wait to see who Rachel Bilson's character, Zoe, winds up with. And if Lemon and Lavon will ever hookup *Spoiler alert*again.

3) The Lying Game. First off it is based on Sara Shepard's books so you know you can't go wrong. (Though, I have to admit I have not read this particular series.) The whole concept of having a twin and switching places is awesome. The only thing I don't like is sometimes they seem a little too mature for teenagers, than again so did the entire cast of Dawson's Creek. Also their outfits. I don't know, maybe it's because my parents weren't loaded, but they look like they stepped off a page of Vogue. I wore heels every now again, but when I did my mom used to say to me: "You're going to school not a runway show."

4) New Girl. Another show I am absolutely in love with. Zooey Deschanel cannot get any cuter. I love her awkwardness and the other bizarre qualities that she brings to the character. I don't think I've watched a single episode where I didn't have to rewind because my boyfriend and I were laughing so hard we couldn't hear. The Thanksgiving episode was classic. I DVR'ed it and anybody that came over my place had to sit down and watch it. I love Nick actually I love all the characters. Schmidt, Winston, CeCe and Justin Long's character, Paul are all amazing and all bring something different. If you love to laugh, you need to watch this show.

5) X-Factor. Probably my most anticipated and biggest let down. I watch it. I like it. It's not American Idol. I know it's not supposed to be, but it is so similar that I can't help but compare it. Also the host is no Ryan Seacrest. I don't even know his name. Let's just say if it wasn't for Josh Krajcik I probably would have stopped watching weeks ago.

So that's my list. Are any of these on your favorites of 2011? Any shows I'm missing out on?

2 comments:

  1. Love The New Girl! That's my only new show of the season. Sometimes I watch X Factor but I'm totally disappointed in it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-Factor is a total disappointment. Maybe next season they'll work out the kinks and it will be better, but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete