Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another rejection added to the pile

So the agent who was interested in seeing more of my work sent me a very honest rejection email yesterday. It hurt for about two minutes and then I sucked it up and now I am more determined then ever. My first chapter was crap and I can see that now. I was so scared of revisions that I just left it that way and now I know that I can't. I wrote a new first chapter, which gives great insight to the characters and now the first chapter that was crap I have rewrote and made it the second chapter. I realized I have a great deal of polishing to do and I am ready for it. I don't want to get published just to get published, no I want to get published because my story is good and people want to read it. Live and learn that's what my mom said to me and she's so right. I have enlisted her as my editor for now since I know she is the only one I can count on to be brutally honest. I rewrite and hand it off and she tells me what "sucks" and what doesn't. I can do this. I know I can.

Dark Flame (The Immortals)So enough of me let's move on to what I'm currently reading. I just started Dark Flame, the fourth installment of the Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I'm only thirty pages in and I'm already loving it. I love series when you know the characters so well and you can go on their journey with them. Haven is not cooperating with Ever and I can only imagine how out of control everything is going to get. Very excited. I will fill you in as soon as I finish it which hopefully wil be seen. 

I have off for the next six days and I am ecstatic. My cousin and his girlfriend will be staying at my place, so it's not going to be all lounging on the couch and being lazy but that might be a good thing. So I'm off to writing and revising so until next time bye.  

1 comment: