Thursday, June 17, 2010

Synopsis Done!

I finished my synopsis finally. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I know the story so well I could tell it in my sleep. The hardest part was narrowing it down from 277 pages to only 5 but I managed and finished at 4.5 pages. I think it's good. I hope it's good. My mom said it is. Even though she's in New Hampshire on a weeks vacation she let me email it to her and last night she called to go over it with me. I'm realy lucky to have such a great mom. It's true how we think it, but never say it enough. Well I'm going to state right now I have the best parents and that's what gives me the drive to keep going because for all they have done for me in the end I just want them to be proud of me.

I need to get back to revising and hopefully getting some writing done today. Actually one last thing I'm on twitter now and I follow many writers and am amazed at how many hours a day they put into their writing. I just saw a post "been writing for ten hours need a break." I can't keep my mind focused for that long. Is that a bad thing? I wonder if it's something you learn to do over time. Like you force yourself to do it so many times that after a while you're trained and you no longer have to force it upon yourself. I mean I love to write and when the idea is there I can go on and on but ten hours? Really?

Also started reading Stargazer by  Claudia Gray only a chapter or two in but the first book has left me wanting more so I'm sure I will breeze through it soon enough. Ok back to work now.

Another excerpt from Forever Yours:

“Hey.” She was suddenly shy. Colton looked up at her and it finally set in what Lisa said. Tread lightly I don’t think he ‘s stable. Lisa was right. Sara had never seen Colton look as awful as he did on the floor in Lisa’s room hugging a bottle of vodka.
“Hey.” He said never looking up at her. Sara took the same approach as Lisa and sat beside Colton on the floor.

“I miss my friend.” Sara said hoping Colton would respond, but he didn’t. “Colt talk to me. Tell me what’s going on.”

“I don’t want to talk to you.” He said in a tone Sara never heard in his voice before. His words were like a bat and her heart a piece of glass that shattered on contact.

“Why not?” Sara decided she had to be strong. It wasn’t Colton she was dealing with, it was someone else, someone who was holding Colton captive. “Look me in the eye and tell me why not.” Sara said as she turned her body towards Colton until she was sitting directly in front of him.

“Because I don’t want to.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Because I don’t love you! I don’t even like you and I don’t want to get your hopes up that there might be something between us because there never will be.” Sara didn’t flinch. She knew it wasn’t Colton talking she knew he didn’t mean what he had said. She got up from where she was sitting and swiped the bottle of vodka out of his hand.

“Don’t think I don’t know what you are doing. You are pushing me away just like I did to you. And let me tell you something, you can push all you want but I’m not going anywhere. I’m here for you whether you want me to be or not because I do love you and honestly I don’t give a shit what you say.” Sara walked out of Lisa’s room slamming the door behind her.

2 comments: