Friday, July 2, 2010

More Twilight talk.

Twilight (Two-Disc Special Edition)As I am watching Twilight for the millionth time I can't help but think that someone should start a Twilight rehab. Think of how well that would do. It's a sick obsession. It really is. Whenever it's on the movie channels I have to watch it. I can't simply pass over it and watch something else. It's such a bizarre thing. I also got to see Eclipse last night and let me just say OMG. It was awesome. The acting, the script, the action it was all there. While I admit the first Twilight and also New Moon were not very good (even though there is something intriguing about them) Eclipse completely blows them out of the water. Rob Pattinson (who I love) finally showed me he is an actor and he has depth. I think after Twilight he will be fine and go on to make many movies. Kristin Stewart I think is a good actress and the way she portrays Bella is perfect. She is a shy, awkward, lovestruck naive girl. How else is she suppose to act? I just read a great post by Shirly Manson and I think it sums it all up:

"You know…….it's kind of pathetic that I care.

I am ( afterall or allegedly) a fully mature woman.

But I can't help it.

Why are people so turned off by Kristen Stewart?!?!?!

I don't get it.

I think she's the best thing about the entire Twilight franchise.

Absolutely.



She's delicious to look at.

She's a talented actress.

(I don't care what anyone else has to say about her acting because I think she behaves EXACTLY the way me and all my pals did around that age of the character she is playing so THERE!)

AND she's articulate.

And she's a little shy.

And clearly very thoughtful.

What's not to love?



I hate it when she gets trashed.

It hurts my teenage self.



And it annoys me that everyone laughs at her sullen portrayal of Bella.

What the hell do they want from her?

For her to ponce around like a so called normal teenager and smile a little more, no doubt.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….

…..
SAVE OUR SMART GIRLS

SAVE THEM NOW

DO NOT MAKE THEM SMILE

DON'T DO IT

pretty please?"


I think she hit the nail on the head. Has anyone ever seen Kristin Stewart in anything other then Twilight? I have. CakeEaters, Adventureland, Speak all of those movies demonstrate how good of an actress she really is. So what if she's awkward and says the wrong thing what twenty year old doesn't? Anyway back to Eclipse. I think if Kristin Stewart's wig in Eclipse was better that would have made a world of difference because it was awful. She kind of pokes fun at it on her Lopez Tonight interview. She's not denying it in anyway. With all the money that franchise has brought in they couldn't have gotten a better hair piece. Come on. Also I like Alice's hair so much better in Twilight it gave her that pixie cute look and now her hair is kind of old looking. Doesn't suit her as well as the first hair style. I love the back stories of Rosalie and Jasper, especially Jasper. Jackson Rathbone is very talented and I am happy he finally got to display that. I love the sincerity between Jasper and Alice They are so sweet to each other. I also love how the script finally gave Edward a bit of a sense of humor. He has a few one liners that are great.
 
Every time Billy Burke is on screen he steals the scene. He's comedy relief yet in the perfect way. You can always expect to crack a smile when he has a line. Even though I am not Team Jacob I have to admit Taylor Lautner did a great job as well. I also felt more chemistry between him and Kristin Stewart then I did in New Moon. The scene where he kisses her and she retaliates by punching him in the face is great. You can almost feel her hand breaking the way they shot it. I could go on and on forever about how much I loved the movie and all the parts that stood out for me,but I won't. The last thing I will say is I think it ended perfectly, I cna't wait to go see it again nor can I wait for the last two installments of the series. Any thoughts? Anyone else see Eclipse? What were your favorite parts? And do you agree with Shirley Manson?

No comments:

Post a Comment