Thursday, May 10, 2012

Winners of the Dust It Off Bloghop!!!

Once again, thank you all so much for participating. It was far better than I imagined and let me tell you my expectations were high! You all are awesome and Cortney and I had such a tough decision. Honestly, you're all winners in my book. But this is a contest and there are prizes to give out so lets get to it.

Day 1 The Pitch:
Becky Once Upon A Time
My exact comment on her post was:  I feel like I was punched in the face reading those last words and I love it! That's exactly what a pitch is about, holding interest and then hitting with something that begs for more. I really can't wait to read your excerpt! Awesome job!

And I'm breaking my own rules and picking a second winner. Morgan Shamy! 
Becky you have your choice between Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson or Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma and whichever one Becky does not choose is all yours Morgan!

Day 2: The Excerpt (Can I say again how hard of a decision this was. There is so much talent out there and I am rooting for every single one of you.)

And the winner is:
Laura Stranger than Writing

Laura, your excerpt was awesome. For those of you that might not have read it:
James

I heard her pain-staking scream as I locked the door, drowning it out as best as I could. The sound still rang in my ears thought, cutting through me worse than my own pain ever could. I had to face the fact that tomorrow would be the last time I saw Mikayla. There was no way she would stay with me when I had been the one to do this to her. She may forget the pain she would sustain tonight, the human mind had a way of blocking out such painful memories that was sophisticated and dangerous. But she wouldn’t forget waking up in a glorified concrete slab and she wouldn’t forget that I was the reason, that her pain was my entire fault.

I put my hand to the door, listening for as long as I could possibly handle it. Torturing myself. I cried silent tears as I made my way to my own cell. I wasn’t one for crying usually, but I couldn’t not when I knew she was in such pain. The thought of losing her was killing me, and I was sombre than night as I changed. My body was used to it, and though I couldn’t stop from transforming tonight it hurt nowhere near as much as Mikayla’s transformation would. My body was used to the change, skilled at it, and I knew her body would fight against it with all that it could.

And last but certainly not least. Day 3 The Lessons:

Elanor Lawrence!

Elanor, you had me at KISS, Keep it simple, stupid. Love it. Absolutely love it.

For Cortney's winners hop over to her blog!

Congrats to all the winners please email me at tmpmarkmajor@aol.com

I also just want to say how happy I am to hear that some of you are not going to put these WIP's back on the shelf. On behalf of everyone YAY!!!!!! That is exactly what I hoped for going into this hop. Please keep us all updated. (I'm especially talking to you Clare and Kyra!)

18 comments:

  1. LOL! We're gonna stick with it!

    Congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats everyone! And thanks for hosting. This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such an amazing blog hop! Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks again Theresa for the motivation to dust it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats all. Man this bloghop was fun. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo I won!!! How exciting! Haha :) And I have been wanting to read Imaginary Girls for a while so this is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I can't tell you how excited this has made me! Thank you so much. Thanks to everyone who stopped by my blog. I loved reading your bloghop entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much talent! Congrats, winners :) Thanks again for such a fun hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I'm SO glad you broke the rules! LOL. Gosh, thanks so much, Theresa! I'm absolutely stoked! It was a fab bloghop... definitely one of my favorites by FAR. You and Cortney are both fantastic. :D

    ReplyDelete