Monday, May 14, 2012

First Loves Blogfest!!!

Today is the First Loves Blogfest - Hosted by the awesome Alex J Cavanaugh.

On May 14, post your first loves – first movie, first song/band, first book, and first person. Four loves, one blogfest! 
 
I thought this was going to be easy, but then I stopped to think and really had to go way back.

The first movie I ever fell in love with was probably...Hmm...I can't remember.  Seriously I can't. When I was younger I watched whatever my brother watched because I wanted to be cool like him. So that consisted of Ghostbusters, Terminator 2 and Indiana Jones. So not my type of movies. The first movies I remember falling in love with and watching over and over again were Home Alone, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink and Dazed and Confused.

My first love when it comes to bands/songs are a weird variety to say the least.
Green Day, Ace of Base, Billy Joel and Boys to Men.

Green Day's Dookie was the first cassette tape I ever bought. Do you guys remember those? I played it in my red Walkman, yes a Walkman they came before Discmans, over and over and over again. Best album ever. My favorite songs were Basket Case and When I Come Around.

Boys to Men was the first CD I ever bought. I remember buying it at the WIZ, remember those, and accidentally grabbing the Spanish version and having to go back and return it. End of the Road and I'll Make Love to you by far my favorite songs.

I was obsessed with Billy Joel's River of Dreams and Ace of Base's, All That She Wants, Don't Turn Around and The Sign. My mom won the Ace of Base CD on the radio and I stole it from her and practiced my baton routines with it. lol.

First book. Hmm. This is hard because growing up I was never a reader. Shocker, right? But if I went way back, I'm talking kindergarten when I would take the maximum ten books at a time out of the library then that's easy. The Stupids, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Madeline, The Berenstain Bears, Amelia Bedelia and then when I moved on from those it was definitely R.L. Stine's Goosebumps and Fear Street books.

Now the first person I loved. Does that mean like my real first love or an actor who I thought I would randomly meet one day and he'd fall madly in love with me? Because hello I was so irresistible! If that's the case the first actor I ever loved was definitely Jonathon Taylor Thomas. To say I was obsessed would be putting it mildly.

 If it was my first real love that's no secret to those that know me. It was my first real boyfriend and my best friend's brother. I was fourteen he was fifteen and we dated for a year a month and a day. Something I'll never forget. My world came tumbling down around me when we broke up. Now I can't imagine having ever dated him. He's like a brother and that's eww weird! I went to his wedding two years ago. His wife is awesome!

And because I know you guys love pictures. Below is a pic from that wedding with "the gang".  It's one of my favorite pictures because it was the first time we were all in the same place together since we left high school. A few people are missing but it was as close as being back in school as we could get. I'm the one with the long, messy, dancing hair. And right next to me, my BFF who married her high school sweetheart who was a part of our group and is standing right behind her. They were also a first for me. They were the first group of friends that I ever had that made me realize friends are as close to family as you can get without the whole sharing a bloodline thing.


So there you go all of my first loves. What about you? What were your first loves?

31 comments:

  1. Great post! I loved so many of thing things you loved - particularly Home Alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home Alone is still one of my fave movies! I watch it in the middle of summer!

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award :)

    http://akfotinoshoyer.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wow! Thanks I'll go check it out now!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Love pics.
    Bah, Ace of Base ... had forgotten about them. I remember liking them. You know another band (duo) I remembered just now that I liked very much, Roxette. I don't know if they made as much success here in the US as they made in Brazil, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of Roxette. Have to go Google it now!

      Delete
  4. Wow. That is an electic taste in music. I shouldn't talk though, cause have a few favorites like that too.

    You know, I have to get Amelia Bedelia for my kids. We don't have any and I don't know why. I loved her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm all over the place! Still am lol.

      And yes it is a must! She was my absolute favorite!!!

      Delete
  5. Ah, those first loves hurt when they end. Love Ace of Base!!! You have great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really do. And thanks, obviously so do you lol!!!

      Delete
  6. You had me at Green Day!
    Those are some great firsts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy they are still around and just as good if not better :)

      Delete
  7. those are awesome picks! love your taste! cause its like mine =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you obviously have amazing taste. Ha!

      Delete
  8. Loved Green Day in high school, and I always enjoyed the Amelia Bedilia books! Boyz II Men was my first cassette, and Ace of Base was my first CD. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gotta go green, it's gotta be green day!

    We all love something...right!
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green Day and Billy Joel! We share the same taste in music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're at two different ends of the spectrum. That's awesome! You have great taste!

      Delete
  11. Amelia Bedelia--LOL. Those books were fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember cassettes. Do you remember 8-Tracks?
    Green Day is good in concert as well.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember 8-Tracks! But only because my grandfather had a hard time letting them go! He had a huge player he used to carry from the upstairs guest room, downstairs and outside whenever my grandparents had the family over. I think my grandma still has it. lol

      And I think Green Day is the only band I love that I have not seen in concert, but I did see their Broadway show and it was AMAZING!

      Delete
  13. I like your picture, and the story attached to it. Sounds so heart-warming :) Thank you for sharing!

    Sharing the Love!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the follow :)

      Delete
  14. Ace of Base was definitely a first love for me. I think I broke my brother's copy of their CD by playing "I Saw the Sign" over and over and over. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my mom stole it back from me and hid it because she couldn't stand to listen to it anymore. lol.

      Delete
  15. Ohhhh... *love* the picture! I feel like I'm there...

    Fun first loves here, Theresa. And I'm laughing at the Jonathon Taylor Thomas! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JTT is always good for a laugh :) And I need your address so I can send you the book. Email me! :)

      Delete
  16. We share the same taste in music--love your picks!

    ReplyDelete