Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, Those HIgh School Dances Bloghop!

Since I totally forgot today was the Oh, Those High School Dances Bloghop and of course am participating I am going to postpone announcing the winners from the Dust It Off Bloghop. So much bloghopping fun! Thank you again to everyone who took part.

Now on to the coolest idea for a bloghop. Thanks Kelley and Emily for hosting! I cannot wait to hop around and look at all the pics and read all the stories. Okay so let's get started:

Here are the rules for participation:
1. Post pictures of your high school dances. (Make sure you tell us which one you are if they're group pictures.)
2. Share with us your funniest high school dance story.
3. That's it!

There are three categories to win prizes and Emily and I will both be picking a winner.

The three categories are:
1. Best Dressed
2. Funniest Dance Story
3. Cutest Couple

What can you win? A choice between a three chapter critique or whatever book you desire ($10 or less).

So dig through your photo albums and scan in your pictures. This is going to be a crazy fun blog hop!

The picture above is one of the funniest moment of my senior prom. I was eighteen  and my date, steady boyfriend, Eric was 22 he robbed the cradle as the saying goes. My mom insisted that we get our picture taken as well as individual pictures which she still has hanging in her living right by the front door. Eric who is usually unbelievably talkative became very quiet. Hmm. What's going on? We took our pictures as he stood there awkwardly uncomfortable. Once the pictures were over he told me the girl taking our picture was in his graduating class. He had graduated high school four years earlier and he was back at senior prom. He was happy to be with me, but mortified at the same time. Now I think it is hilarious! I can only imagine what was going through his head.

Later that night a slow song played over the speakers and he grabbed my hand and pulled me out onto the dance floor. I don't dance, at least not without a few drinks in me, but a slow dance with him I was more than willing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we swayed to the music, he made fun of me for moving us into a slow turning circle, but like I said can't dance. Then the song ended and the most upbeat dance song blared out. The dance floor erupted, arms flying up, circles forming and there was me looking for my closest exit. I couldn't dance, still can't and there was no way I was going to give it a go at prom. While I looked for my exit route Eric grabbed my hands and was about to start dancing when I spotted a friend, yelled her name and abandoned him on the dance floor. Flat out left him in mid dance move. Two weeks later when I received my VHS tape, yes a VHS tape, of the prom I couldn't wait to put it in. The only appearance me and Eric made on the tape was when I abandoned him on the dance floor. The person recording happened to be standing right next to us at that exact moment and it is as clear as day. We celebrated our eleven year anniversary on Sunday and he still hasn't let me live that one down.

Now the fun part the pictures. I wish I remembered to grab the hundreds of pics I had at my parent's house. The ones I do have are scanned from a photo album so sorry if they are blurry.

 We went into Manhattan after prom and took a carriage ride around Central Park.


 We thought we were Charlie's Angels. We did this exact pose at Vanessa's (Right, black/white dress) wedding when she married her longtime boyfriend and date to the prom five years later.

47 comments:

  1. Ah, too fun and what a cute couple =D You both looked like you had a blast and how funny was that about the picture, lol. Poor guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!

    LOL I love that the only time you were on the prom video was the moment you ditched your date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I kept rewinding the tape trying to find us but nope! lol.

      Delete
  3. I had a friend who had the 'older boyfriend' in high school -- he was in college. It made for quite the mystique.

    Great pics. The 'Charlie's Angels' pose looks like good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always curiosity around the older boyfriend. lol There's no mystique there just a typical relationship.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear he forgave you for ditching him! And Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome pictures! I especially liked the first pic, the corsage pic, and the Charlie Angels pic! Friends and forgiving dates make for great dance stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red. And how cool that you did that pose again at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should find the pic and do a comparison we all looked exactly the same just different dresses.

      Delete
  7. Oh the poor guy. But on the bright side, you guys looked great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sweet that he went with you despite having graduated four years before. How funny that he knew the photographer!

    Your red dress is sassy. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even sweeter I didn't want to make it a sad post, his grandfather's funeral was the morning of. He's too good to me. No wonder I keep him around.

      Delete
  9. Those pictures are embarrassing at all :) You look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow my brain doesn't work. I meant "not embarrassing at all" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many people went to prom with their hubby's. So sweet. Love all the cool pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not technically my hubby but he might as well be :)

      Delete
  12. yay! Another Prom Hubby. *sigh* You look great in red by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day we'll make it official lol. And thanks :)

      Delete
  13. Lady in Red!!! You are one hottie babe!

    That is HILARIOUS that you left the BF in the middle of the dance floor and they caught it on tape! Oh my gosh. I wouldn't let you live that one down either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks :) I don't think it was that bad...Okay maybe a little especially when you see his wounded look on camera lol. I shouldn't find it funny but I do!

      Delete
  14. When they love us enough, they put up with all sorts of insanity, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. *wolf whistle* Ooh, mama, you look hot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress, you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is cool and sweet that you married your prom date! And how romantic to go for a carriage ride in Manhattan. A perfect night :) Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not technically married but might as well be :) And you just reminded me, the carriage ride was romantic with our driver Pedro and his horse Charlie until Pedro insisted on taking our picture the one you see above. As he was making sure we looked perfect, a taxi beeped, Charlie freaked and started backing up, the carriage and us moving further and further away from Pedro who was still telling us to smile! Luckily we weren't on a hill.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thanks and me too. It was on my old desk at work for nine years :)

      Delete
  19. Love the Charlie Angels pose. it looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lot of fun. Glad my friends dragged me.

      Delete
  20. Omg, I love all the great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of course it they would record you leaving him on the dance floor :) That is really funny.

    My friends and I also have the charlie's angels pose.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! lol

      And I don't know what it is about that pose. We see a camera and jump right into it. :)

      Delete
  22. It's so amazing how many blog hoppers are still with their high school sweethearts! Beautiful pictures and that's such a funny story about your date being embarrassed because he was back at prom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed by that fact too. Definitely not the only one.

      Delete