Monday, October 3, 2011

This usually would be the day I do my month wrap-up but that's kind of hard considering I only read one book this month. One book! Who am I? Well, technically I read one book and fifty pages of another. The book I read was The Hunger Games and Catching Fire is the book that I read fifty pages then set aside. I don't know what it is about this series I just can't get into it. Which is really weird because once I finally finished The Hunger Games I really enjoyed it. Like seriously enjoyed it. It's just the getting there part that I'm not enjoying so much. So I decided to put the book aside, something I do on rare occasions, and read something else. Right now I am reading Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles and I'm already seventy-three pages into it. I'll finish Catching Fire eventually. I can't start a book and not finish it.  Then I will read Mockingjay as well, just not right now. 

Is there a book you started reading and just had to put aside? Are you like me, once you start a book you have to finish it, even if it does take you forever?

P.S. Sorry for the lack of posts last week.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit it took me awhile to get through Catching Fire. I didn't like it as much as The Hunger Games. I do like to finish a book, but if I put it down and don't really thing about it, then it is hard for me to return. I usually finish because I should not because I want to.

    But I will put a book down and read something else. I think it comes to taste. Some things capture right away and others don't.

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had issues with The Hunger Games series too. Great story line, okay characters...just takes a while to get there.

    Though I discussed the last book with some girlfriends this weekend and none of us (there were nine) like the ending. Oh well.

    If I start a book I finish it. Though I have not finished series.

    ReplyDelete