Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Friend is One Tough Chick!

Tuesday night I recieved a text message from my very pregnant friend that she was going to the hospital to be induced. After all she was six days late and they believed the baby to be close to 9lbs. I told her to keep me updated. Her last pregnancy took 16 hrs and I was there for the final 4 or so hours, but this time I had class that night and work the next day so I kept posted with text messages. So Wednesday night a little before nine after 25 hours in labor my friend had her baby boy. He weighed in at 8lbs 11oz. I'm a little regretful that I was not at the hospital, after all, I was there for her first child as well as for her sister when she had her son but with the use of technology (aka Facebook) I have already seen pictures of both baby, mother and father.

What I've learned is that my friend is one tough chick. I couldn't imagine being in labor for such a long period of time. I couldn't imagine being in labor period. I'm so happy for her and she can keep having the kids because quite frankly having kids scares the crap out of me.

That's all for now. Going to try and write I've been having a bit of writer's block for the past week or so. It's frustrating because I am so close with beign done with this one particular book and I know exactly where I want the story to go and how it is going to end I just can't get myself to write it. Argh! Sometimes it can be so frustrating. So wish me luck and if you have any ideas on overcoming writers block I would love to hear them.

4 comments: