Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm Still Here!

I have so much to talk about, but being my first post in over a week I don't want to bore you with my life. I'll save that for another day. Today I want to talk about books on tape. If that's what they're still called? Do any of you listen to them?

My drive to work is anywhere between forty minutes and an hour and I figured it is the perfect time to catch up on all the books I want to read, but haven't got around to. It couldn't be more perfect, right? But then I realized I know absolutely nothing about books on tape. Are they still on cassette tapes because they can't be on a CD because doesn't it reset itself when you turn the car off? See totally clueless. Then there's the iPod. Can you download books onto your iPod? I have a Nook is there a way to get books on tape on your Nook?

Any info you guys can give me would be awesome. I could probably Google this, but I trust you guys more :)

6 comments:

  1. "If that's what they're still called?" <----LOL!

    I've never listened to a book on tape...

    And I'm laughing at the picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a 40-60 minute commute? Ouch.

    Great question, I'm curious about the answer too. The last time I listened to a book on tape was over 8+ years ago when I drove from my home to my parents--a 5 hour drive. And yes, it was a tape then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're on CDs...I think. I worked a few summers ago at a place that was a good hour and 20min from my parents house and went home most weekends. I'm almost positive they are on CDs now. If my memory serves me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done it, but I know the Nook has a headphone jack, so there must be a way to put audiobooks on there. There's probably a folder on the Nook when you plug it into the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are definitely on CDs, and now they call them audiobooks. Probably the best way to listen to audiobooks is to get an ipod or other mp3 player and play them through an adapter in your car stereo.I'm fairly certain it isn't legal to drive with headphones on. You can download audiobooks from most libraries websites now, or just buy the CDs and upload to your player. That way, you can keep more with you without having CDs everywhere. Used bookstores usually sell them, too, if you are on a budget. I bought the Harry Potter books on tape for my son when he was little. It was so awesome. He was entertained for days, weeks, even.

    ReplyDelete