Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Lucky 7 Meme


Thanks to the awesome Rachel Pudelek over at A Rainy Day Writer In the Evergreen State as well as Colin Smith who is also full of awesome (If you're not following them, what are you waiting for? You just have to click the link and follow the awesomeness.)  
I was tagged in the Lucky 7 Meme. I've been seeing so many people participate and have really enjoyed reading all the excerpts. And now I get my turn *claps to myself* *looks around to make sure no one saw that*
The rules are: 
1) Go to page 77 or your current MS
2) Go to line 7
3) Copy down the next 7 lines as they're written--no  cheating
4) Tag 7 other writers
5) Let them know


Because I have a gajillion (Is that a word? It should be) WIP's I decided to go with Discovering the Real Millie. Of course it's the part right before sh*t hits the fan. Happy reading. (I wish I could put 77 lines instead of 7, but rules are rules.)

For a little setup: Millie is in 1925 mistaken for her great grandmother and is having a discussion with her great-great grandfather. (Confused yet?)

"...So I need you to understand that everything I do is because I love you.” He pulled at the collar of his shirt. Millie could see the beads of sweat forming on his brow.
“Yes and I love you for that,” Millie said, feeling those would be the words her great-grandmother would have chosen.
With a slight curve of his lip he nodded. “Great things are about to happen for us. Great things. Now let’s get back to the party. We wouldn’t want to keep them waiting now would we?” He straightened his tie, took the handkerchief out of his pocket, wiped his forehead and stood up from the chair.

It gets really crazy after this....Anywho...My turn to tag 7 people. (I know this has been making the rounds. If you already have been tagged sorry, my memory sucks)

1. Becky @ Once Upon A Time
2. Robin Moran @ The Nook
3. Cortney Pearson @ Writer by Day Mommy Always
4. Julianna Haygert @ JuliannaHaygert.com
5. Suzi @ Literary Engineer
6. Daisy Carter @ Fresh as a Daisy
7. Sara @ Cutest Landing

23 comments:

  1. Thanks, Theresa =)

    Oh, nice excerpt!

    Btw, I really should come up with a name for my blog, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great that it's just your name. One step ahead in the branding department :)

      Delete
  2. I want to know why he's sweating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I want to tell you! lol. But rules are rules :)

      Delete
  3. I read your segment on Cupid's Connection and really enjoyed it and this just makes it all the more intriguing. Hope to be able to buy this in book form some day soon ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) I hope so too! That would be unbelievably awesome!

      Delete
  4. Loving the plot of your WiP. I'm a sucker for time travel. :)

    Right, so I'll have to do a bit of polishing up before I post haha. Can't show the embrassing first draft version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great excerpt, what an awesome premise! And thanks for tagging me!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cortney! And you're welcome. Can't wait to read your excerpt!

      Delete
  6. What a great premise! I'd kill for that kind of hook. I hope that's one of your WIP that you plan on publishing because it sounds wonderful - like back to future on steriods :) Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to at least. Agents aren't biting :( yet! Love that- Back to the Future on Steroids Ha! That's awesome!

      Delete
    2. Ooo, put that in your query Theresa!! ;)

      Delete
  7. I've only done contemporary. Doing another times scares me cause there's so much more you have to research!

    Just got tagged by someone else so I was doing it anyways Sunday. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was strictly a contemporary girl too, but decided during Nano to give this idea a shot and I am so happy I stepped out of my comfort zone. I loved the research. I had such a blast learning about the 20's and writing about it!

      Yay! Can't wait to read it :)

      Delete
  8. Oh does the s*** ever hit the fan after this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And my brain obviously isn't working because I reread this sentence three times and was like I don't get it. Now I do. lol. Drinking my coffee right now!!!

      Delete
  9. FYI: I finally got my Lucky 7 posted. But since several people tagged me and everybody's been doing it, I didn't have 7 new ones, so I just linked your name back to your post.

    ReplyDelete