Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Dust It Off Bloghop!!!


My Newest Blog post is beneath this. Blogger is giving me a hard time today. For the Lucky 7 Meme post please scroll below. 
 

 I am so excited! Me along with the lovely Cortney Pearson are having our first Bloghop!!! The Dust It Off Bloghop will be three days, the dates are to be announced. I'm trying to contain my excitement and write a coherent post, so here it goes.

We've all had those manuscripts that we poured our heart into, fell in love with the characters and still think of them at random, but unfortunately had to shelf. Now it's time for a little spring cleaning. Take out those manuscripts and Dust It Off!

The first day, we want you to post a 1-2 sentence pitch (Great way to practice pitches) about the shelved WIP. 

The second day,  post your favorite excerpt (300-350 words)

The third day, post what you learned from this WIP. You become a stronger, more rounded writer which each manuscript and we want to know what this particular work taught you.

You can participate in all three and we hope you do, but you don't have to. We know you have lives away from the computer. If you can great. If not we'd be happy with anything you can give us :)

A bloghop would not be complete without prizes and for this bloghop there will be 6! Yes 6 prizes. Cortney and I will each pick a winner from each day.

Day 1 prize: 
A book. Who doesn't like a free book?
Cortney's Book: Ditched by Robin Mellom (I'm already jealous of the winner. I am dying to read it)
My book: Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Andersen

Day 2 prize:
A query critique

Day 3 prize:
A FULL MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUE!!! (And of course it is the manuscript of your choice. It doesn't have to be for the shelved WIP. This goes for the query as well.)

We'd love for you to follow us. Of course it is not a requirement, but I always follow back ;) Sign up below and please spread the word :) (And this is my first time doing the linky thing. If you have any problems please let me know!)

I can't wait!!!!

21 comments:

  1. This is a cool idea, but it happens at the same time as the A-Z blog challenge, so I'm not sure I'll be able to join in :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thought I did my research. *smacks forehead*

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Kyra. I think I'm gonna pass because A to Z is happening but this is a great bloghop! Good luck and those books sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the timing issue will work out! I'll be participating either way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Becky :) I'm waiting to talk to Cortney I'll have an updated post by the end of the day :)

      Delete
  4. Let me know if you change the dates, and by let me know I mean post about it again!

    I'm pretty sure I cannot make it work with A-Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely changing the dates. Most likely to May. I don't know how I didn't know about the A-Z challenge. I've been hitting my head on my desk all morning.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, this sounds like a GREAT bloghop! Glad you're changing around the dates! Please keep us updated so I can enter if the dates work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I plan on doing it whether you change the date or not. That A to Z is too challenging for me at this point. Yours sounds fun and I can begin preparing for it, unlike the WIP-movie which I pulled together in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After discovering the A-Z challenge a month too late I debated about signing up, but your right too challenging.

      Delete
  7. I am SO excited for this. AH!!! Yay. :) I can't wait to see which one you pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem! I don't know which one to use? lol. Either way it's going to be lots of fun :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. :) We'll announce the dates by the end of the month.

      Delete
  9. Hey,

    Thanks for officially signing up for my Got Green? Blog O'hop :)

    Looking forward to reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun to hop around.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait for it.
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete