Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

Wow, it has been a long, very long weekend. My cousin and his girlfriend stayed with us for the long weekend and while I love when they visit I also love to be able to sit on the couch and just do my own thing. So while it was sad to see them go I was happy to have my me time back. Is that selfish? The weekend was great though. I got to go to the beach. We went to Fire Island, not Davis Park as I write about in my books but Watch Hill which is just across the way and you can see from the sandy shores of Watch Hill. Watch Hill has less people and is more about nature and it really is beautiful there. I wish I brought my camera. I could've got some amazing shots. Oh well I had a good time regardless and also some awful tan lines. I am not exactly thorough when it comes to applying sunblock and the red random blotches on my body prove that. On Sunday on the fourth we headed to my Uncle's Annual Fourth of July Party he has at my Grandma's house every year. For the twenty five years I have been alive I don't think I have ever missed a year. It just wouldn't be the Fourth of July with out being there. My Uncle Billy is crazy in a good way. He's like the 53 year old kid and to say he is entertaining would be an understatment. We ate, we drank, we set off fireworks (well I watched with my heart racing the entire time, we've had a few dangerous close calls in the past) and overall I got to be with my family and to me that is the most important.

Beautiful CreaturesI have started rewriting my first book Forever Ours. I think I have mentioned that in past posts. I wrote in entirely new first chapter and I keep going back and changing the second and third chapters. I'm embarrassed that I was querying it in the condition it was in. I had paragraphs that could easily be seperated into two or three paragraphs and I also had a lot of punctuation issues. I'm living and learning though. I'm reading a lot and taking notes. I also am excited to say that I won an advanced copy of Beautiful Darkness the sequel to Beautiful Creatures that is not set to be released until October 2010, on Ebay. I should have it soon. I'm beyond thrilled. I loved that book so much and can't wait to see what happens. First I have to finish Dark Flame, I read a hundred pages at the beach but other than that I haven't had time. So today I am home, carless, and it's supposed to be close to 100 degress out so I will stay in, turn on the AC and read away.

I'm going to end with an excerpt from my first book Forever Ours since that is the one I am working on at the moment:

Lisa closed her sticker covered diary, the only place she could reveal her secret. She was hopelessly in love with Steve her best friend Emma’s older brother. It would never be more than a crush. He was gorgeous the type of gorgeous you only think possible by modern day airbrushing. Lisa wasn’t in his league not even on the sidelines watching. However, she couldn’t get over the crush she had on him. It was something she had been trying to do for years.

2 comments: