Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away Please Don't Come Back Another Day


Another day off from school and it is raining again. Last week we had a few days here in New York where the temperatures were close to seventy and now it is back in the fifties and raining buckets. There is something about the rain that makes it almost impossible to get motivated. I have no desire to do a single thing even though I have so much I have to do. I long for the days where it is the perfect temperature. Not to hot, not to cold, the perfect balance between both. I can ride my bike, go for a walk with my Ipod, and to be able to smile just by looking out the window because I can't wait to get outside. Hopefully those days will be here soon.
There are so many things I want to do this Spring/Summer. Lately I have a bad tendency of saying I will do things and then never do them. I was never like that. I used to get something in my mind and I wouldn't stop until I went there or did whatever it was. I want to get back there, back to the person I used to be. I love have something to look forward to so I am making a promise to myself now that I will. This Spring/Summer I want to:
Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
Go to the Ancient Egyptian Exhibit (in NYC)
Experience the beauty of the Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC
Go to the beach on my days off and read a book (which falls under the category Get over my fear of doing things alone)
Take the train into the city on one of my days off and go to as many museums as I can
Mountain Bike atleast twice (or more) a week
Finish the Forever Series
Finish The Hallways of Hell
Watch movies such as Breakfast at Tiffanys, The Godfather, Some like it Hot, Casablanca (All the classics I have never seen)
Read all the books I have bought and stacked under my coffee table
Query as many agents as I can until I find the one that believes in my stories
See my friends more often (It's bad when life takes you away from them)
Go back to Philadelphia for a weekend (I went in 5th grade and loved the history)
Visit with my Grandmother more (I have no excuse she lives around the corner from my job)
There are so many more things I want to add to the list but I don't want to be overly ambitious so I will start with these. Hopefully I can accomplish most if not all and of course I will blog about it when I do. I already feel better knowing I have things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment