Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

After finding out that I made the first round of The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards I had a month to wait to see if I qualified for the quarterfinals. A very long month went by and yesterday was the day the announcement would be made. They did not specify a time so I checked at 6:30AM yet nothing was posted yet. I went to school and found myself logging on any computer I walked by. Still nothing was posted. After school I went home and logged on the page again and still nothing. Finally at 9:30 PM the results were posted and sadly I didn't make it. I didn't think that I would make it but there was still that glimmer of hope that lie in side of me. So sow I am back to the drawing board. Figuring out what it is that my next move will be. I'm going to send a query letter out to an agent and see what comes of it. I don't really know how to go about getting my book published. I thought the Amazon Contest could've posisbly given me an easy break but I should have known better. I was upset but immediately hopped on my Eliptical and worked my sadness away. At least it motivated me to excercise that is always a plus. Here's hoping my dream isn't squashed. Thinking it is just another hill I had to climb in order to get where I need to be. ;)

3 comments: