Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. I'm not out at a bar drinking heavily but I am on my couch enjoying a nice Magic Hat #9. I had work from 8-6 today so the idea of going out is not very appealing to me. I am going out on Saturday to celebrate my best friends Birthday and that's good enough for me. However my parents are out right now enjoying the holiday and my mom worked the same hours as me. I love the fact that my parents have a better social life than me. I hope when I'm their age I am just as lucky. I was able to finish chapter 19 of my third book today at work.

My writers block passed for the time being. I am also working on two other books. (Sorry if I have mentioned this in past posts.) I think I have finally decided that writing is my passion. My passion for marketing has kind of disappeared. I still enjoy it but I think I would enjoy it much more if I was marketing my own book(s). Is it silly to want to follow a dream? I don't believe so. I want to be happy and I know that is the only way I will be. I think I have what it takes to make it. I'm not trying to come off as if I think I'm wonderful because trust me I don't think of myself in that way at all. I just feel the drive in me and I know I will stop at nothing to get myself where I want to be. I'm sick and tired of sitting around and waiting for my life to work itself out. I need to intervene and get it to where I want it to be.

My boyfriend is sitting next to me reading an article in his mountain bike magazine about a guy who won 220 million dollars. He asked me what would be the first thing I purchased. He said besides the obvious. "I know you would give money to charity and to your family and friends but besides that what would you buy? What is the first big purchase you would make?" I thought about it for a second. I wanted to say something cool and exciting but all I came up with is I really just want a house. I don't want to live in an apartment I want a place I can call home my home. My parents house is still my favorite place and I want to be able to have my own favorite place. Then my gears kicked in and I added I want a vineyard, it is me and my mom's dream. Then I added I want a large piece of land but I want to be near a body of water. I grew up with the Great South Bay and the Atlantic Ocean only blocks away and I couldn't imagine being landlocked. The other thing I added is that I want a dark room in my house. I don't think that is too much. Okay maybe it is but hey a girl can dream can't she.

Now I am going to watch American Idol. I can't stand the elimination episode. Can they possibly drag it out any longer? It is too suspenseful for me so I tape it and rewind it to the parts I want to see. I'm rooting (is that spelled right? That's bad.) for Lee. I really like him and I love his voice. It's distinctive and I think that is the most important quality a contestant can have. I want to be able to close my eyes and know exactly who is singing. I also like Crystal Bowersox and Siobhan. They all have my vote. I'm also hoping for Andrew Garcia but he peeked too soon how can he top Straight up? He's been trying but he hasn't been able to yet. I'm also really upset that Alex Lambert is no longer on the show. I really kind of loved him mullet and all. He was on Ellen today and I think he is a sweetheart. I hope great things come his way. Okay off to watch Idol.

1 comment: