Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Path





I sent a query letter out to an agent today. I know I should be sending out to more then one agent at a time but I read up on this particular agent and I liked her. I think that is important, to have an agent that you like. How could you work with someone if you don't like them? I rewrote a few parts of my first chapter. I added an introduction paragraph that has more of a hook to it. Originally it jumped right into the story with no hook at all. I think that is my main reason why I didn't make it in the Amazon Contest. I also took out some boring unnecesarry descriptions. I guess I will wait and see what happens. It's a process I know but I just wish that I actually knew if I was going to make it or not. There is nothing worse then getting your hopes up and then getting let down. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best though. I will also try to not think about it. I stressed myself out so bad with the Amazon Contest and waiting for the results to be posted. I will not be doing that again.


I'm working on my third book still. I am actually almost done with it. I have only a few more chapters to go. I just have to round all the characters out before it ends but leave it open enough to move onto the fourth book. The third book is my favorite so far. It deals with flashbacks and I really enjoyed developing the story and using the flashbacks as a way to piece everything together. I think there is great growth with each character and I love how the characters seemed to take over the writing. It's as if they are telling the story and I'm just typing it. I had a direction and an idea for each character but sometimes it's like they are telling me no that's not going to work lets go this way instead. It's bizarre I know but trust me when I say I'm not crazy.

I have also been thinking about writing a spin off to the series. Follow the character of Renee, Emma's younger sister. I already have the story line and the plot in my head I'm just not sure if I will. I might move on to something else once I finish the fourth book and then come back to it. I have another book in the works "Hallways of Hell" I wrote the first two chapters and am really happy with how it's going so I would like to start work on that soon. I tend to work on it when I have writers block with the Forever Series. However, I would like to focus all of my attention on it at some point in the near future.

My fingers are crossed for now and we will see what happens.

1 comment: