Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finished reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

The Truth About ForeverI finished reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen at two o'clock this morning. I started reading this book several days ago and while it was, at least for me, slow in the beginning once I got to the middle of the book it took off at full speed. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. What the gift was that Macy's dad had gotten for her. What her decision would be. What would happen between her and her mother. There were so many aspects of the story that captured my attention. At times I found myself talking and even yelling to the book as if Macy could hear me and see the error in her ways. (Yeah I'm a little crazy.) The people she befriends at the Wish Catering job were by far my favorite characters. Bert is so innocent and sweet, Monica well everyone knows a Monica, the girl who is just there only offering a mmm hmm or a donneven which only reinforces somebody else's advice, Kristy I love she is snarky and shows that beauty doesn't mean perfection. Delia I want her in my life, she is a mother who works better under chaos and if there isn't any chaos she gets nervous. Now Wes, Wes in my mind is perfection. I love the bad boy gone good persona. His relationship with his brother Bert only makes him that much more appealing. When you combine them all together it makes for a fun read with characters you fall in love with.

I love how Sarah Dessen pulls everything together. Every single thing that happens always comes back to play a bigger role to the overall story. This book is definitely in my top favorite Sarah Dessen books. Like I previously said I fell in love with the characters. I clapped to myself when Monica said more then her usual three words, I laughed when Kristy blew up Macy's spot at her mother's gala, I cried everytime Macy talked of her father and I yelled when Macy broke the rules of the Truth game and lied to Wes. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this which is one of the reasons I give this book 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment