Thursday, January 22, 2015

My Movie Bucket List



Have you ever been in a situation where someone starts talking about a movie that's well known, and one that people assume everyone on the planet has seen, and you have to interrupt and admit you haven't. Yup, that happens to me all too often.

I mean so what if I haven't seen The Godfather or Gone with the Wind? I can't possibly be the last person in the world who hasn't seen Breakfast at Tiffany's or The Graduate. Right? And so what if I have promised myself every holiday season that it's the year I'll finally watch It's A Wonderful Life and then never do.

So in an effort not to be that person who gets the wide eyed stare of disbelief, I have decided to start a Movie Bucket List. As you can imagine it's pretty extensive. I have added movies that I personally feel like I should have seen already as well as taken recommendations from coworkers, family and friends.

I'm not going to list all 66 movies currently on the list, but I will list the ones I have been able to check off since I started the list.

1) Casablanca
2) Interview with the Vampire
3) Say Anything
4) Saving Mr. Banks
5) Holiday Affair
6) Ed Wood
7) Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Not bad for starting only three weeks ago, right? Now I want to know if you are usually the one with the wide eyed stare of disbelief or the one getting the stare? What movie haven't you seen that you are almost embarrassed to admit? Any you think need to be on my list?


9 comments:

  1. I've seen Casablanca, and Saving Mr. Banks. But none of the others you've crossed off. I've also not seen The Godfather, or The Graduate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm not the only one *high five* The Godfather I usually get the evil eye on top of the stare. lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nice!!! The Harry Potter movies are on my list too. Not all! I've seen the 1st and the 3rd :)

      Delete
    2. Oh and Cassie you should totally watch Say Anything! Adorable.

      Delete
  3. Must see movies

    Love Story
    Brian's Song
    The Notebook
    Dirty Dancing

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I've seen from the above is Interview with a Vampire. My list would also include The Godfather and Gone with the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching movies in free time is my favorite hobby. I watch a lot of movies on my phone from free websites. Some of those sites are not available in my country so for them i use NordVPN 3 Year Plan . I can change server with this VPN and stream the movies on those sites.

    ReplyDelete