Monday, January 26, 2015

Movie Bucket List Monday!

I crossed another movie off of my Movie Bucket List this weekend. Have you ever seen or heard of Kalifornia? It stars Brad Pitt, Juliette Lewis and David Duchovny, and no it is not his TV show Californication which was the first thing I said when someone told me I should add this one to my list.

This is definitely not a movie I would typically watch. It's a little more violent and graphic compared to my go to movies, but it was a really good story and I can appreciate that. Also Brad Pitt and Juliette Lewis kicked major butt in their roles. Brad Pitt was so good in this role as a deranged, heartless, unstable killer that I didn't once look at him and say he's so freaking hot. I only saw him as his character and he was an ugly individual.

What the movie is about courtesy of IMDB: A journalist duo go on a tour of serial killer murder sites with two companions, unaware that one of them is a serial killer himself.

Will I watch it again? Nope. It's crossed off my list and I'll never look back. Would I recommend it? If you are someone who's into horror movies or road movies I'd definitely say check it out. If you lean more towards fluff and happily ever afters I'd say skip this one.

Side note: I thought this explained the whole Brad Pitt and Juliette Lewis relationship, but it turns out they started dating three years before this movies release.

Currently on my DVR:
A River Runs Through It
Shawshank Redemption
It's a Wonderful Life


What movies are on your bucket list? Have you seen Kalifornia?



3 comments: