Monday, October 14, 2013

(Never) Again Bloghop

Today is the day! I am officially a published author!!! *happy dance* *fist pump* It is also the day of the (Never) Again Bloghop! It's not too late to sign up either!


Liz, the main character of (Never) Again got her heart broken and refused to ever open it up to anyone again. We all know how that goes though. How many times have you swore off something only to step right back into it? So for this bloghop I want to know what it is you swore you would never do again and then wound up doing. It could be anything. Dating a guy, drinking, going on the roller coaster that made you vomit, anything.

Since I'm giving such short notice, you can post any day between October 15-17th. Sign up below and at the end of the hop I will randomly select a few winners.

The prizes:

First prize: $20 Amazon gift card
Second prize: A signed copy of Cora Carmack's Faking It
Third prize: A copy of (Never) Again (Of course I have to give a way a copy of my book!) 



I thought this would be an easy topic, but when it came down to me actually picking something, I went blank. There's the obvious. Drinking. At least a few times a year I swear I'll never drink again. It usually lasts a week before the God awful headache and nausea become a distant memory and I forget the promise I made to myself. Plus lets be honest here. Who am I fooling?


Then I thought about all the times in college I waited till the night before or the morning of a test to study. Every time I swore I would never do that again and I would give myself more time. I never did. I became a pro at shuffling index cards while blow drying my hair. This is not an easy task!

Or I could be a total Debbie Downer and talk about my anxiety attacks and how I get so fed up that each time I swear I'll never let it happen again only to continue to suffer from them. But today is not the day for that! At least on my end. Today is fun and exciting and I won't let my anxiety take center stage.

So what is left? Too many. I swear I will never do things again all the time and then there I am totally going back on my word.

But the one thing that keeps popping into my mind is mountain biking. A year ago I wrote a post about how I took a nasty spill off my bike. You can read the post here but if you don't want to read it then all you need to see is the aftermath of the fall:

 That is a picture of my upper thigh, I took the picture looking down. The bruise spread from one side of my thigh all the way to the other. This wasn't the only bruise. I had one on my boob. How you bruise a boob is beyond me! I also had bruises on my legs and arms along with cuts. It hurt like hell.

I secretly swore to myself I would never get on my bike again and if I did I would never go back on a trail. Ever! I kept my word for almost a year. Then my boyfriend talked me back into it. And you know what? I'm glad he did. I actually really love being in the trails.

Sometimes you swear you'll never do something again out of fear. It's a pesky emotion that tends to overshadow all the good stuff. But when you overcome it there is nothing greater. So yes, I swore I would never mountain bike again, but a year later my @$$ is back on those trails!

Can't wait to hop around and read all your posts :) !












































10 comments:

  1. Ouch. That's why I like mountain biking in eastern North Dakota. Not many hills to fall down. :)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congratulations Theresa! I've just found this hop and posted mine. Your book sounds amazing and I'm going to have to start watching you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Theresa!!

    Ouchy, that bruise looks so painful! I can understand why you would have sworn off mountain biking for a while, but I'm also glad you got back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo!!!! SO excited for you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, ouch. But that's great that you got back to it and can enjoy it again. :)
    Congratulations on your release day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy release! Not eating that many cookies at one time

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bruise is exactly why I refrain from all things that cause physical harm...like riding fast on a bike, riding horses, jumping rope...you name it, I avoid it.

    Congrats on your new release!!! Squee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new book! :) That bruise looks super painful - ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! I totally feel your excitement right now! I'm about to launch my first book too! Eeek!! Love your cover!! It totally makes we want to see what's inside!

    ReplyDelete