Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another Day Another Pin


I wrote this post before my Monday post, but it definitely relates to my new Wednesday topic. Marketing and Books. So let's kick it off.

At 68 Boards, 1082 pins, and 158 likes I think it's time to admit...I'm obsessed. And considering I'm writing this post in advance I can guarantee those numbers have increased greatly. (And they have)

I started my Pinterest page months ago when it was all anybody would talk about. However, I didn't get swooped up in it until now. 

I have a board for keys. KEYS! Why do I need a board dedicated to keys? I'll tell you why. Because they are so pretty. The same thing goes for bikes and colors and food and everything else I can create a board for.Can you tell? Obsessed.

Though, I must admit I think it can definitely be another tool for the day I become a published author. Right now I have two boards that are called New WIP and Another WIP. In these boards I place images about the book I am writing. Something I have always done on my own desktop, but now it is accessible to others. And what I think is so great  is that as an author you gain a following and they count down the days until your next book is released. By having a board for your next WIP you can give little clues to your readers and help get them excited about release day. It's just another level of communication with those awesome people. I also think it's a great way for them to get to know you a little better. I definitely think you can find out what type of person I am more so through Pinterest and pictures than with any other social networking site. . 

The other thing that is so great about Pinterest: The ideas it creates. I just look at a picture and I need to pin it and bank it because I know I can create an entire setting, character, plot around the single image. If you ever have writer's block, I recommend hopping over to Pinterest. Just search anything related to your story and watch the story come back to life before your eyes.

Are you on Pinterest? Do you think it's a another great Marketing tool? Or just another thing to suck time out of your life?

If you're a Pinterest freak like me, I'd love for you to check out my boards. There's a little preview below. To see the rest go here.  
Happy Pinning!


3 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest. I want to use it more for writing inspiration but have only done so sporadically. I love your winter wonderland and color boards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not on it. And don't plan on being there. Too many other things. My facebook usage has really dropped off as the blog/Twitter has increased. I don't need another obsession. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on Pinterest, thought it is like how I am on Twitter. I must get better at using these things :)

    ReplyDelete