Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm still here!!!

I played another disappearing act. Sorry about that. I'm finding it hard to balance work/writing/critiquing/blogging and life in general. There simply is not enough time to do everything I need to do. Seriously there needs to be more hours in the day. However, after two months at my new job I think I'm finally working it out. So expect more blog posts because they are coming.

Speaking of my new job, have any of you seen Invention Hunters on Food Network? If not it's a show where the two hosts go around the country looking for the next great kitchen gadget. They show three inventions and narrow it down to two and after a test run with the product they choose one. The one they choose they bring to Lifetime Brands to pitch in hopes they can make a deal.

Well, that's where I work. The stairs they walk up when they arrive are the same stairs I walked up the day of my interview. The boardroom they stand in to pitch their invention, I've sat in.

Pretty cool, huh?

I think so.

So that's where I've been. I really like my job, it's pretty darn cool actually, but I miss the months of being home and being able to hop around to all the awesome blogs and to write whenever I want. But it's a stepping stone in my life and in the two months of working there I have met some great people and have even filled up an entire notebook with ideas for future WIP's that would never have come about without this job.

How do you balance life/work/writing/blogging?

5 comments:

  1. I balance my life/work/writing/blogging life by not working! :) Of course even the kids complain I'm on the computer too much. I really don't think I am, but they're home from the summer now and I don't want to give up writing completely.

    I've taken to getting up early (6:30ish), and while everybody still sleeps, I try get in the blog reading. That quiet time is nice.

    I've never heard of Invention Hunters. I'll have to check it out. I don't suppose you'd ever make an appearance in the background or anything when they get to the pitch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled at first to balance work, writing, and blogging. But now I'm into a pattern now where I get up at 6 to do chores and cleaning and getting ready for work. I don't have to leave till 8 so I have two hours to be productive. I'm doing JuNoWriMo at the moment so as soon as I've come in and quickly checked emails I write. I spend Sundays doing all the blog posts for the week ahead. Sounds like a lot but I do things a hell of a lot quickly if I stick to a routine. :)

    Your job sounds awesome! Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy... balance is an ongoing struggle... ;) Doesn't it feel like you're constantly behind and jumping from one thing to the next??? Yeah... I guess what's important is that we're doing our best. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that things are settling in with your job. It's cool that you like it and you're meeting great people.

    I'm still working on balance. LOL. I think one day I will explode. Working full time, kids, and all the things you listed can be hard. But I need the CP/Blogger stuff to keep me together as a writer. You guys help me feel normal.

    ReplyDelete