Tuesday, November 8, 2011

~Quick Update~

I've been busy staying on track for NaNo that I have been neglecting my blog. With that said I'm already at 22,000 words and still going strong. I think what helped me the most was the fact that my computer got a virus. Not just any virus either. A hardcore, computer can only run in safe mode virus. Thanks to my computer whiz brother he fixed it. But since he now lives three and half hours away in Rhode Island I had to wait almost a week for him to come home for the weekend. First I got, I don't think I can fix it. I wanted to cry, scream and stomp my feet. Then he texts me, pretty sure I fixed it. Running one more scan. Then I was clapping, jumping and tempted to hug him. My brother's not the hugging type so I refrained. And he was right it was fixed.

I'm sure you're wondering how a virus could have helped me get so far along in my WIP. It's simple actually. Since I was only able to use my computer in safe mode I couldn't access the internet. My biggest distraction was taken away from me. No Twitter, Facebook, Radaronline, Huffington post, Blogger, nothing. I couldn't believe how much I was able to accomplish in my writing. I'm beginning to think having my brother fix it was a mistake. Old habits die hard.

How's your November going? And if you are participating in NaNo I would love to hear about it in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Boo for viruses even if they do help you get work done :)

    That's so cool you're so far! I'm at 10,200. Nose back to the grindstone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hit 17k today. Sounds like you're doing great! I have to shut down all internet connections when I write and promise myself not to open them until I hit my goal. Way to make lemonade out of lemons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley: Yes Boo is right! I've missed the internet even if it is my biggest distraction. 10,200 is that much closer to me getting to read it. I can't wait.

    Shiela: 17k is awesome! I might take a page from your book and just disconnect myself from the internet because since I got it back I keep putting my writing aside.

    ReplyDelete