Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Enough is Enough!

The riots in London are making me sick. Every time I see a new picture of a burning building or a person carrying a television down the street I want to scream. It is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that people are upset over the shooting of Mark Duggan, a father of four, but two wrongs do not make a right.

In an interview the brother of Mark Duggan said that, his brother was a good man and would not have wanted this. Shouldn't that be enough to get the people to stop? Obviously not because at this point it is no longer about Mark Duggan, but about themselves. For example I watched a video where rioters were kicking in a stores window and doors and there was no suffering on their face, no hurt and no despair. Instead they were smiling and laughing. These people were enjoying their contribution to the destruction of a city and it wouldn't surprise me as their foot made contact with the glass that Mark Duggan wasn't even a thought in their mind.

If violence is what you are so mad about then why are you using that as your means to express your contempt? I don't understand. I really don't. It's time to stop. Your point is made. Enough is enough.

4 comments: