Sunday, August 25, 2013

I need to get my Sh*t together


The title of this blogpost pretty much sums it up. I am an unorganized mess and a total procrastinator. Seriously. I am. I can finally admit it. I say I'm going to write and then I spend my time on Pinterest and Facebook and Twitter and whatever else can distract me. So instead of writing a thousand words I'm lucky if I write a hundred. I have edits and two books to write and I've been slacking. Though the past few days I've been kicking the word counts ass.

This extends outside of my writing too. I used to go to the gym often. I felt amazing when I was going, I was happy with myself and then I stopped going. Now everyday and I'm not kidding, everyday, I say I'm going to the gym tomorrow. Guess what? I never go. Every paycheck I tell myself to put money into savings and I never get around to doing it.

Then there's my TBR list. I have so many books I want to read. And I own most of them yet I never read them. Why? That's a really good question.

I psych myself up into writing, reading, working out and then when it comes time to actually do it, I don't and then I get depressed and upset with myself for not doing it. I'm sick of it! What is wrong with me? Does anyone else do this?

I've decided I'm going to get my sh*t together. Today is the day I start. I'm going to get organized. I'm going to set realistic goals for myself and actually stick to them. I'm going to create structure in my life and go back to the days when I followed through with everything.

I liked myself more back then. I felt accomplished. It's a great feeling and I miss it.

Do you have a schedule you stick to in order to get word count in? Read a certain amount of books a month?

7 comments:

  1. If I set specific word count goals, or books read a month goals, I would fail at all of them. :-P
    Good luck getting motivated again, you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I do I fail, but for some reason I think this time will be different. lol

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Once upon a time, I joined a writer's group called the Get Shit Done Group. They've all moved away, but I can honestly say the GSDG worked. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! That's the type of group I need! lol

      Delete
  3. Procrastinators unite!

    But I'm watching TV and playing on the internet. Maybe tomorrow. :)

    I have no schedule/goals. I hate to disappoint myself. :) But really, I just have general goals, like I want to finish this around this time. I don't do daily or weekly word counts or anything.

    Post your goals on FB and we'll hold you to them by harassing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys will be my get sh*t done group :)

      I did finish a book last night and started a new one. So there's that. And it felt awesome!

      Delete