Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Year.

It's been another year, I can't believe it. I'm not going to write a post reflecting on September 11, 2001 because I already have. If you want you can read it here. Instead I'm going to write about something happy. Because if there is anything I learned from witnessing the loss that day is life is short and you need to live each day to the fullest. So I'm going to talk about the amazing things I have witnessed in the past month.

#1)  My cousin got married. The boy who I idolized growing up, my partner in crime said I do to his perfect match in a true Country Wedding. 

The pictures blurry, but the look on her face is priceless. She was/is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy to have been a part of it.

I wore cowboy boots with a dress! The only people I would do that for is them.

It took fifteen years but I finally got my brother to take a picture with me again! Highlight of my day! 
So much fun! Too much...

#2) My Best friend since the first grade is getting married and I helped throw her Bridal Shower! 
We had everyone fill out advice cards and though I really didn't know what I could offer in the way of advice I filled one out anyway.  When it asked how long I've known the bride for, I had to stop and think. I nearly fainted when I figured it out. Who knew when this picture was taking in first grade we'd be posing again almost 22 years later at her bridal shower.


It's crazy to think that so much time has passed, but I couldn't have asked for a better friend to have at my side all these years. So as we get ready for the next steps in our lives I will have my camera ready so we can see just how far we've come.

Today is hard, but it helps to think about the good things. And that's what I'm doing today. Thinking of the good stuff. 





10 comments:

  1. Those are definitely great things to celebrate. :) And as for the dress with the cowboy boots: it looks really good! And the dress is something that you can wear again, which is saying something for a bridesmaid dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People always say that and it's never true but this one I totally could wear it again.

      Delete
  2. I think you should rock those cowboy boots all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing good stuff today. I love the dress and boots on you and I am SO not a cowgirl. ;0) And your bridal shower looks like you did a WAY better job than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo not a cowgirl either! LOL

      And I'm sure your bridal shower was AMAZING!

      Delete
  4. Great blog! Found you through Falling For Fiction.

    Weddings are fun and such great fodder for writing. ;)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hopping over and the follow! Those Falling For Fiction girls are awesome!

      Delete
  5. Oh man! I want to wear that dress with those boots! How fun!

    And how gorgeous are you??? Wowza! :)

    Have a great weekend in Florida!!

    ReplyDelete