Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hookers and Hangers Blogfest!!!

 Falling for Fiction Blog  is hosting this awesome blogfest! If you aren't already a follower hop on over and become one. You don't want to miss out!!

It's the Hookers and Hangers Blogfest!
We are done with the Hookers and now it's all about the Hangers! Post those hanger sentences that end your chapters and bounce around the blogfest to see who leaves you wanting more :)

The first WIP I'm posting is King Sized Beds and Happy Trails: 

 1. Lexie 2 Sandy 1.
 2. “Hot tub.”
 3.  It's gone.
The second WIP Displaced Hearts: 
1. Then just as I thought my life was on a one way track to happiness, a fork formed in the road and I found myself hiding in the bathroom like a coward.
2. Even still, I never would have guessed the bitch slap life had waiting for me.
3. My party was the most talked about event of the school year, but not for the reasons I hoped.

And the third WIP Rocky Road formally known as Halls of Hell
         1. “You’re dead!” Natalie mutters as Jack’s hand wraps around my arm and pulls me away.
         2. So I secretly listen and secretly smile, knowing I am no more pathetic than she is.
         3. Maybe if I keep swinging, keep pushing myself further, I’ll reach the place in the sky where Jack is.

19 comments:

  1. Great hangers! I really love the second one for Displaced Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hangers, all of them would have me jumping to the next chapter, but I especially liked: Then just as I thought my life was on a one way track to happiness, a fork formed in the road and I found myself hiding in the bathroom like a coward. - beautiful use of language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These hanger are great! Rocky Road caught my atttention the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! The party line, and the last two are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, a competition in KSBHT. Interesting.

    You know, I read this one...

    3. Maybe if I keep swinging, keep pushing myself further, I’ll reach the place in the sky where Jack is.

    And it's only ch. 3, but knowing the ending, it made me think of other things. The place in the sky where Jack is. Kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hangers. I'm curious to know what leads up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super job with leaving us hanging. the first three are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, girl. Displaced Hearts sounds so amazing! And Rocky Road pulls at my little heart strings. Love that one. And I'm biased with KSBHT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all freaking awesome!!! Love 'em! And you are working on 3 books! WOW! I have multi-tasker envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first three, it really gives me a sense of what's coming. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked these! Especially the first one from Displaced Hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure I was impressed yesterday with your hookers, but your hangers are super impressive!!! I can't even pick a favorite! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great! It's hard to pick. I like the imagery of the one way track turning into a fork in the road. And the last one of Rocky Road has a great, bittersweet feel to it. Off to check out your hookers (ahem...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have decided on number 1. "Then just as I thought my life was on a one way track to happiness, a fork formed in the road and I found myself hiding in the bathroom like a coward." of your second WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man I can't wait for these! #2 for DH is flippin awesome. And all the ones for RR pull me to read more and find out what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great lines. Again, the voice in your writing is really engaging. These are my faves:

    My party was the most talked about event of the school year, but not for the reasons I hoped.

    So I secretly listen and secretly smile, knowing I am no more pathetic than she is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get goose bumps when I read this. Just because it's such a great book, and so sad :(

    Maybe if I keep swinging, keep pushing myself further, I’ll reach the place in the sky where Jack is.

    ReplyDelete