Monday, July 16, 2012

Hookers and Hangers Blogfest!

I'm a little late to the game but I want to support the awesomeness that is the Falling for Fiction Blog. So I'm jumping onto the bandwagon. I'm not in it to win it just thought this was a great idea and didn't want to miss out!

For those of you that don't know It's the Hookers and Hangers Blogfest!
Post those hook-line sentences that begin your chapters and bounce around the blogfest to see who sucks you in. :)

The first WIP I'm posting is King Sized Beds and Happy Trails:
 1. For a girl who has nothing, I sure as hell have a lot of shit.
 2.  First rule of working at a coffee house: Don’t IM and pour. 
 3.  My brand new black halter top and double string bikini bottom equals best investment ever! 

The second WIP Displaced Hearts: 
1. I’ve never been bitch slapped. 
2. Another Saturday night Joe blew me off for the band. 
3. I have to admit that Josh was right, the cops never showed.

And the third WIP Rocky Road formally known as Halls of Hell
         1. In my world it’s all about being seen. 
         2. On the weekends I can breathe. 
         3. I hate when the weather doesn’t match your mood.

14 comments:

  1. Ah, so glad you participated!! You are an honorary FFF girl anyway. ;o) I LOVE your first 3 for this awesome collab you and Cassie are doing. Your characters seem like such funny people. CAN'T wait to read this one. And I can't wait to dive into your other stuff once I get caught up after my vaca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to read all your stuff girl. Well, I've read 2/3 here, but I want to read everything you've written, for reals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be 3/3 soon enough! Once I get all my critiques and finish revisions I'm sending it to you for a fresh pair of eyes! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh. Obviously, I've read the other two, but this collab is frickin' amazing. I seriously can't wait to read it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are awesome... the voice is so strong. I'd continue reading all three books:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title and the first lines from KSB&HT - great hookers. You know where to find me if you & CM need another beta for that one. :)

    You do a great job with first lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are good at hookers! All of them are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a former coffee house employee, I can see the IMing bit. All of these were awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like the voice in the first story you posted from :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stuff!!! These are all great. And I hate it when the weather doesn't match my mood either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great again! The first two of King Sized Beds made me laugh a lot (esp #2). And the first line of Rocky Road tells us a lot in a short space (I'm thinking it's a YA, high school story?) Nice job and I'm quite jealous of having three cool-sounding WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First WIP # 3 is my pick, you must be very busy having 3 WIP's happening at once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got great voice in your writing - I like it a lot! These are my faves for sure, though they're all great:

    For a girl who has nothing, I sure as hell have a lot of shit.

    I've never been bitch slapped.

    ReplyDelete