Tuesday, August 24, 2010

~Another Night Another Dream~

So I heard back about the internship I had put in for and while my credentials are exceptional they decided to go with someone else. Someone who I'm sure lives in the city and who doesn't have a full time job as well as night classes. It was a nice short email and I'm happy that I allowed myself to even hit send on the email. A step I needed to take even if it didn't pan out the way I dreamed. I look at it this way, Ihave more time to read and write. My writing has been going really well and I couldn't be happier about the progress I have been making on the new book I am working on which is still untitled.

The Ghost and the GothI started reading The Ghost and The Goth yesterday and finished today. I loved it! The two main characters Alona and Will are very likeable characters who have the perfect combination of wit, vulnerability and chemistry. I am almost certain there will be a sequel and I really hope so. I want to see how the relationship will develop with the two characters even if he's alive and she's well not. It vaguely reminded me of the movie Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. She's a ghost, he's alive and the only one who can see her and she follows him around until he is willing to help her. However, the main difference is Will unlike Mark Ruffalo's character can not just see her but all ghosts a secret he has kept to himself for years just as his father who had the same gift told him to do. If you are in the bookstore and see this book on the shelf Do Not Pass it up. I guarantee you will enjoy it.

Deception (Haunting Emma)I am currently readind Deception by Lee Nichols. I started reading it as soon as I finished The Ghost and The Goth and I'm currently on page 63. It has definitely captured my interest and I'm not flipping pages to see how many pages are left in the chapter. This book is also part of a series "A Haunting Emma series" and considering this book just came out in June I have no idea when the next installment, Betrayal, will come out. I love series because you can continue a book with the characters you have fallen in love with and have invested your time in but the waiting is excrutiating. I was lucky when I read the Twilight series, all four books were already out, I don't know what I would have done if I had to wait months and months for the next installment. No I do know I would have been one of those people lining up hours and hours before just to get my hands on a copy.

I also need to start keeping a list. I have read so many books that are a part of a series that it is hard to keep up with all of them. My mom actually gave me this idea because she wants to do the same thing. She, however, got the Nook as an anniversay present form my Dad so she can now keep track of them that way. I'm a little jealous but at the same time I don't now if I could hold a computer like book and enjoy it as much as having the actual book in my hand. I love turning the pages, skipping ahead when I'm dying to know something and just can't wait and I love displaying them on my bookshelf. I'm really upset that now my mom will no longer be buying actual books and I won't be able to steal them from her when she's finished. No more sharing. :(

Lastly I am recovering from my weekend in the Hamptons for my friends bachelorette party. It was so much fun and I honestly need a weekend to recover from my weekend. It's Tuesday, I've been home since Sunday afternoon and I still don't feel like I've caught up on sleep. I had such a good time and was happy to be out with friends and not having to worry about getting up for work the next morning. While it wasn't as risque as the last bachelorette party I went to it still an experience. I also have to note that there was 12 of us in the house, 2 bathrooms and only 2 mirrors and all Girls! Now imagine what that would be like when all 12 of us had to get ready to go out for the night. You would think complete and total meltdowns and battles over the mirror and bathrooms well I'm happy to say that none of that occurred and we even managed to get out on time. We improvised using the reflections from large framed pictures to put our makeup on and do our hair. I stacked three pillows on top of each other then placed my small Bobby Brown compact on top and curled my entire head with the curling iron with the little mirror the compact provided. I honestly think if we had more mirrors we would not have been out on time. We didn't have a place to go and fluff our hair thirty times or check the thickness of our eyeliner which seemed to work out perfectly for us. We had a great time in Sag Harbor. We had dinner at Blue Sky then watched a drag show of Liza Minelli, Tina Turner, Cher and Lady Gaga. Afterwards we walked to a bar a few doors down had a few drinks and danced the night away.

1 comment: