Sunday, May 23, 2010

My usual Babble, but with an excerpt from my book Forever Yours



I have officially joined Twitter. Never thought I would cross over to the darkside but I have. I still don't get it. Honestly I don't. Do you just post your random thoughts or what? I guess in due time I will figure it all out.


I'm happy to say that my mom and I have started our book. The first chapter is written and in the process of being rewritten. I was really impressed by my mom's writing ability and not because I didn't think she could write I just didn't know how good she actually was. This new revelation has only gotten me even more excited about what will come of it.


I'm still waiting to hear back from three agents that I have queried. It's frustrating to know that you are just a needle in a haystack and there is nothing you can do about it. I got over obsessively checking my email, I figure when it happens it happens. However, I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. I've decided that I am going to post excerpts from the fourth book of my Forever Series, Forever Yours in my posts since that is why I originally started blogging in the first place. So here we go the first excerpt:


“Are you ever going to quit?”
“Are we really going to have this conversation again?”
“I guess not.”
“Good.” Lisa blew the smoke out in the opposite direction of Colton and then looked back at him. She hadn't noticed it until that moment but something was off. Being his cousin for the past seventeen years she could tell when something wasn’t right. There was definitely more to his visit then just coming to see her, but what?




Okay so that was a little sneak peak I guess. It's amazing how happy I am about each book in this series and after I finish I always think it's the best and that's how I felt with the third book, but now with the fourth I think that's the best. Go figure. I just have so much I need to happen in the fourth book I hope I can get it all in without having it be too overwhelming. I've had writers block for a few days now and I hope it ends soon. I am so close to finishing and I just want the characters stories to come together as well as I hope they will.


In all this babbling I don't think that I mentioned that my semester at school is officially over and I ended the semester with a 4.0! I have never been so happy and proud of myself. I worked my butt off for it and I was and still am just thrilled.

I also just finished a book called Fallen By Lauren Kate. I really enjoyed it. The ending really picks up and hooks you in and then it ends and you are left wanting answers and more but guess what you can't get them until August when the second book comes out. :( I guess like everyone else I have no choice but to wait. I also bought another book today even though I have at least thirty I haven't read yet, I also bought a book shelf and am so happy about that but that's another story, anywho the book is called Once Dead and Twice Shy by Kim Harrison and of course I turn to the back of the book and guess what there is a sequel. I did go on Amazon and the 2nd book comes out 5/25 so I'm not going to have to wait to see what happens. Okay I'm going to get reading and stocking my new bookshelf. Enjoy your evening everyone.

5 comments: