Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Query Sent


So I decided to send out another query to another agent. I never realized how much effort has to be put forth in order to become an author. It can be discouraging but I'm not giving up. I have my mind set and when that happens nothing can stop me. I had to laugh at myself because after I sent it, I'd say about ten minutes later, I had a new message in my inbox. My heart stopped and I got excited to check my mail only to find the latest coupons from JCrew. I don't know what I was thinking especially since agents can take months to respond. However, I had a good laugh at myself.
I don't know if I mentioned this already but, I got my mom on a reading kick. After a year of trying to convince her that she had to read the Twilight series she finally did and she became more obsessed then me even thinking Rob Pattinson is cute. :) So she has decided that we should write a book together. She wants it to be along the lines of supernatural/paranormal which I have never considered writing in the past. I love to read that genre, but never attempted to write it. She however, has always liked that genre so I think if we put our heads together we can come up with something awesome. She is currently reading the P.C. and Kristin Cast House of Night series and that is where she got the idea. I would love to be able to write a book with my mom I mean come on how cool would that be. We are brainstorming at the moment and kicking around a few ideas but haven't decided on anything just yet. Who knows maybe it will be twetny years from now, but it's still exciting to think about and have something to look forward to.
Last night I began reading "Eternal" by Cynthia Leitich Smith and I couldn't put it down. At 12:30am I finished it. I couldn't put it down I was really interested in the characters and what was going to happen next. I originally bought it not thinking it was going to be a part of series since the next book didn't mention any of the characters but to my surprise it ended kind of like "What?!?!" and then I find out the next book is about different charcters but in the third book both story lines will come together. Now I have two more books added to my reading list. It seems every book I read these days are part of a series not that I can talk since my books are as well but it gets expensive after awhile. I'm happy my mom is reading since now we can share books and the cost. Everyone tells me to go to the library, but I'm horrible with returning things and it would only turn into a problem. I'd rather buy them and add to my ever growing collection.
Now I am going to check my email again and then probably again in a half hour. This obsessive behavior will go on for about two weeks and then I will be once again discouraged and have little or no hope that I will hear from the agent. Okay so for now I am optimistic with my fingers crossed hoping the day when my dreams come true is only around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment