Friday, May 14, 2010

Another day another dollar. Unlike most people I can't say TGIF since I work ten hours tomorrow starting at 8am. I have to wait for my one day on Sunday. Hopefully it will be sunny and I can go for a bike ride or a walk. I'm almost finished with school, yay. Tuesday is my last day and then I can finally have Tuesdays and Thursdays to do as I please. I have a goal to read as many books as I possibly can, finish Forever Yours and my other book Hallways of Hell and if all goes well start or finish writing another book.

I've written ten chapters for Forever Yours so far and it's going pretty well. I'm happy with the direction its going and I can't wait to finish. My mom is reading it over and she is brutally honest so soon I will know if she feels the same way as I do or not.

I watched the Eclipse special on Oprah yesterday (Yes I'm a Twi hard) and I don't know if I can hold out untill June 30. I mean I have no choice but wow it looks so good. The last clip she showed right after Jacob kissed Bella and Edward is in his face yelling, I love it. I rewound it like nine times I couldn't stop watching it. Then I had to watch Twilight for the hundredth and eleventh time. I would've watched New Moon directly after but Vampire Diaries came on and for a season finale it did not disappoint. My only complaint is I have to wait until September to see what happens. Yesterday was a great day for television that's for sure.

I read a couple of books first one was Waiting for You by Susan Colasanti. I always like to see the different styles that authors use. This book was written in the first person and it was as if the fifteen year old girl really wrote the book. The language the dialogue everything was very reminiscent of being fifteen. It was predictable I think the back of the book which should only give you an idea of the book actually gives the whole thing away which kind of made it less exciting at the climax of the book. While I did enjoy it I still prefer Sarah Dessen who I feel writes with a teenage voice but doesn't write the entire book in that way. She saves it mainly for the dialogue.

The next book I read was Sarah Dessen's (of course) That Summer not one of my favorites since there are others I enjoyed by her much more but nonetheless it was still really good. It wasn't a typical love story actually it wasn't one at all it more or less is about a girl coming to terms with her life and understanding the past. If there was someone I wanted to aspire to it would definitely be Sarah Dessen. I think she is a great writer in the young adult genre and I have always enjoyed her books. I don't think I have read one that I didn't like. Right now I am reading Dreamland by her and even though I'm only a chapter and a half in I'm already interested in the storyline. I'll update when I finish reading.

I also just want to add (and hope I haven't already) I got to see the movie City Island and I have to agree with the critics it was awesome. I laughed so hard at some scenes possibly because of the families bickering reminded me of my own family but either way it was still a great movie. Lately I've been finding it hard to see a movie, like it and not know exactly what is going to happen before it does. I feel movies have become lazy where no effort is put into the plot, or even into the characters. I love romantic comedies but as of the past four years they are all the same, predictable, chemistryless and at times boring. What happen to the days of movies like Ghost, When Harry Met Sally, Dirty Dancing, Sixteen Candles, I could go on forever. Not to mention if I see one more remake I think I might just scream. Be creative, come up with something original, unique and entertaining. How hard could it be? Maybe I should start writing screenplays. Hmmm..........

No comments:

Post a Comment