Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How to Date A Nerd Bloghop!

Today is the last day of the How to Date A Nerd bloghop and I'm ready to share my nerdiness.

My boyfriend likes to call me a nerd when I randomly hold my hand up and expect him to high five me. But that's nowhere near how nerdy I actually am.

My obsession with Twilight definitely puts me up on the scale. I own the books, the movies, the board game, the Wii game, a blanket and I have an Edward action figure. Let's not talk about how many times I watched the first movie, especially since it was a bootleg and not the best copy. Or about how many fan made Youtube videos I watched and how many hours I wasted in the process. I still get made fun of for it to this day even though the obsession has pretty much run its course.

But the thing that takes me to the top of the nerd ladder...

Growing up I had one idol. I was obsessed with him. I had the doll, the board game, the t-shirt, I even wrote to him and got his autograph-twice- since the first time I got it in the mail it was damaged, so of course I wrote him back asking for another which he sent. That only made my obsession skyrocket.

So who is this you wonder. Who could I possibly obsess over so much it brings me to the top of the nerd ladder. Any guesses???

Any???

No...

Okay.

It's time to confess.

My obsession. My idol.

Open the door Uncle Jesse! 





21 comments:

  1. Uncle Jesse was a hottie! Love it! Tell me a nerd who didn't like TGIF on ABC! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he still looks good! lol TGIF on ABC I lived for!

      Delete
  2. Okay. The Twilight thing I get. But Urkel? Really? ;)

    I really liked Family Matters and Urkel was hilarious. And he grew up really nicely--at least the last time I saw a picture of him!

    Geez, I'm still laughing. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Urkel HA! I loved him! And he did grow up quite nicely ;)

      Delete
  3. First I thought you meant Uncle Jesse, and then I realized, no, you were obsessed with Urkel. That's so funny. Do you still have his autograph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I still do! Both of them, the damaged one I couldn't part with! lol

      Delete
  4. Did you know for my tenth wedding anniversary, my husband and I rented a Harley and drove through Tuscany just to go to Volterra? For realz. I have a picture of him under the clock tower and everything. And this was pre-movies and no one there knew what Twilight was yet. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous! That is awesome. I bet it was gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. STEVE URKEL!!!!!!!!! That is too funny and I gotta say . . . it doesn't get much nerdier than that and I say that with a lot of respect as a fellow nerd. :D

    What's the nerdiest thing about me? I shared that on my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn't! lol I stopped by and I have to say you are up there with me ;)

      Delete
  6. Theresa, you just upped your coolness level to break the scale. I'm getting ready to high five you (I won't leave you hanging ;)) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew who you were talking about in a micro minute. Your favorite Aunt remembers that silly doll who's string got pulled..over and over and over.

    "Did I do that ?"

    ReplyDelete