Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just a Quick Post to Catch Up

The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries #1: OriginsBeen so busy with final papers, final presentations and finals in general that I haven't had time to blog, read, write and pretty much do anything outside of schoolwork. However, as of Thursday I will officially be a college graduate recieving my Bachelors degree in Marketing. Yay! *Claps hands and jumps up and down* During the month of January I plan on catching up on everything mostly reading. I have bought so many books in the past few months and haven't been able to read a single one. To be able to sit on the couch with a book and not have to worry about studying or school work is going to be the best reward. My first book on the list is L.J. Smith's Stephan's Diaries Volume 1 Origins. I have read about 84 pages in the past two weeks and should have been able to finish it in a day and a half. Next will be Crescendo which I also started, but couldn't give it my full attention and had to put it on the back burner until I am able to fully immerse myself in Nora and Patch's world. After Crescendo will be NightStar by Alyson Noel. The 5th book in the Immortal series. I also have Elixir by Hilary Duff, The Pretty Little Liars series, Halo, Bloom by Elizabeth Scott, Wake and Fade by Lisa McMann, The Vampire Diaries series, The Blue Bloods Series, If I stay, Willow and so many more. Any suggestions on what I should add to my list (I'm really looking for a YA contemporary that I can't put down) or any on my list that I should put at the top of the list?

A quick side note, I recieved a full manuscript request on my novel Forever Ours. I stppoed querying for this book a few months ago after not getting a very good response. I figured for the current market it wasn't right and would try again in the future. However I recieved an email from an agent apologizing for being so far behind on submissions and if I still wanted them to consider my work. Quickly I wrote back in a few words that all added up to a big absolutely. Fifteen minutes after I sent the reply I recieved the request for the full. Now I am thrilled, ecstatic almost, but I willl not get my hopes up. I can't, but with that said I am so happy to have recieved a full request and I think that is an accomplishment all in itself. Not to mention this book is my baby. The characters became such a huge part of me. I'd be in the shower and dialogue between two characters would pop into my head and I'd jump out of the shower looking for the closest thing I could write on. Or I'd be in class listening to the professor babble on and suddenly the characters would appear in my mind and it was as if I was watching their lives unfold completely oblivous to the professor and completely engaged in my characters. Random dialogue would come to me and I'd be like that is so Colton and need to find a way to incorporate it into his story. So as you can see this book means a great deal to me and for someone to be interested in it brings me unexplainable joy. I will not get my hopes up but I will keep my fingers crossed and maybe even my toes too.

Promise to write more frequently. Please leave comments below and let me know what is on your winter reading list and please become a follower. I'm friendly I swear *winks*

1 comment: