Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where has the time gone? I blinked and some how when I reopened my eyes I was in the middle of November. For some reason it does not feel like Thanksgiving is next week. I'm not ready because once Thanksgiving comes and goes Christmas takes over. You all know I am Little Miss Christmas, but this year I am so scared it's going to fly by so fast I am not going to have time to enjoy it. Luckily the week after Thanksgiving I took vacation that way I can decorate, bake, shop and wrap and have a Christmas filled week. I can't wait. I haven't taken vacation since last summer and it'll be nice not having to get up and go to work for a whole week. Just the thought alone is bringing a smile to my face.

This year the night before Thanksgiving I want to go into the city and watch as they blow up the balloons for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I hear it's like watching paint dry because it takes like three hours to blow up one balloon, but whatever. I just want a picture to say I was there. It's one of the things on my list of things to do before I'm 30 which is also coming way too fast for me. In two and a half weeks I will be twenty six. Argh! Scary, especially since I still feel like I'm eighteen. Anywho my boyfriend's thoughts on driving in "You want to drive an hour to an hour and a half to take a picture and leave?" My answer: "Well yeah." He just shook his head at me and because he is awesome I know he will do it. Most of the time he is not really hard to persuade into doing things. Which is great for me because I always have crazy ideas. It's nice to have someone who just goes with it. So hopefully I will get there and I'm saying that because for three years I have been saying it and I always wind up getting side tracked and never have made it. So fingers crossed for this year and of course if I do I will have tons of pictures.

If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?I haven't been reading too much lately. I think it's because school work is kind of over taking me at the moment, but I did finish a book a coupke weeks ago. If I have a Wicked Stepmother Where is My Prince by Melissa Kantor. I've had this book on my bookshelf for a very long time and one night when I was a little paranormaled out I picked up and started reading. Ninety pages later I was hooked. I don't know if I was just so excited to read something about a girl who didn't have a vampire/angel/werewolf/warlock boyfriend but it pulled me in. Unfortunately after muy initial ninety pages it took me a while to finish the rest of the book. I think I suffer from ADD at times because I couldn't focus on it for the life of me. However, I finally finished it and I really liked it. It was also great that it took place on Long Island since hello that's where I live. Once I got to the middle of the book I figured out the plot I knew exactly where it was going and I think that is why it took me awhile to read. The excitement was gone because I knew where it was heading. Either way the characters reminded me of being fifteen/sixteen and it's nice to go back there. The story as I'm sure you can tell by the title is about a girl who compares her life to Cinderella. At times I laughed out loud and I really liked Melissa Kantor's style. If you are looking for an easy, fun book I would really recommend it.

In other Theresa news, my boyfriends cousin came to visit this past week. Since I've been with my boyfriend forever (nine years) I consider his family my family so I was so excited to see her. She is stationed in California so we only see her once or twice a year usually for Christmas. This year she will be on deployment for Christmas so unfortunately we will not be able to get together. So she came home to visit and brought her boyfriend with her who has never been to New York he was born and raised in Texas. Of course we brought him to the city, we had to. It was so awesome to be with someone who has never seen NYC and who actually appreciates it. I feel I've become jaded to a point. I've been there so many times that my mouth doesn't drop open at every corner which his did. At one point he even said to me my jaw is going to hurt tomorrow since I keep opening it so much. I couldn't stop laughing. The best was when we went to Toy's R Us in Times Square and we were on the escalator going up when the T-Rex and Legoland came into view. His mouth dropped open, his eyes widened and it was like a little kid in a candy store. It was Awesome. In this past week I have done more things then I have in the past year and it's funny because the week seemed to go by so slow. So I think that is my problem by not having plans, going out and going to new places my days are blending together and flying by. So I'm going to try and keep my active social life that I discovered I still could have if I wanted. Okay I'm going to stop babbling, but I will leave you with pictures from my day in NYC.
















No comments:

Post a Comment