Monday, April 12, 2010

I have finally finished my third book. I'm not so sure about the ending though I wanted to leave it open enough to lead into the fourth book but not so much where the reader is like What? No! I'm going to have my mom and friends read and see what they think. I'm now taking a break from the Forever Series (a tiny break) and am working on my other book The Hallway's of Hell. I had wrote the first 2 chapters and pushed it off only working on it when I had writers block with my other books. However, I have finally figured out exactly where I want the book to go and what I want to happen. So I am excited to get started. Still waiting to hear back from the agent I had queried. I know it can take as long as four months to hear back. Patience is key unfortunatley I need to work on that. Patience has never really been my forte.

I finally read the Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong. I read it in a day. I couldn't put it down. Now I want to go back and reread the series especially now that I have all three books and won't need to wait almost a year to finish the story. However, I lent the other books to my mom to read so I am going to have to wait. That's ok I'm now reading Sarah Dessens Summerland but it's only 198 pages so I should be done with it in one sitting. Before reading the Reckoning I read Sarah Dessen's This Lullaby which I really enjoyed. Her books are just so easy to read and always enjoyable. She really gets you caught up in the characters. I only hope that my writing is and will be as enjoyable as hers. That's my goal.

3 comments: